Toyota Drive Bonanza Contest
TERMs & CONDITIONS
1. Toyota Drive Bonanza Contest is organised by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd.
(hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organiser’).
2. The registration for the Contest commences on Tuesday 1 January 2019, 10.00 AM
and ends on Tuesday 30 April 2019, 10.00 PM. (Contest Period)
3. The Contest is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein and the Organiser
reserves the right to vary, add modify and/or alter these terms and conditions as
and when it deems fit. Such variations may be communicated through modes of
communication deemed suitable by the Organiser.
4. By participating in the Contest, the participant declares that he/she has read and
understood the terms and conditions herein and agrees to be bound by the same.
1. The Contest is open to (i) all individual (Private Individual) (ii) aged 18 and above
with a valid driving license; and (iii) is a holder of a Malaysian Identification Card or
(iv) expatriates or holding valid working pass in Malaysia.
2. The Contest is not open to members or employees or immediate family members of
the Organiser, advertising companies, its agents or anyone else connected to the
administration and execution of the Contest.
3. The Contest is OPEN to any individual who test drives any Toyota vehicle at an
authorised Toyota outlet and completes & submits the online contest form from 1
January 2019 – 30 April 2019.
C. Contest Mechanics
1. Participants interested to participate in the Contest are required to go for a test
drive session by adhering to the following steps:-
a) Visit any of Toyota showroom and test drive any of available models.
b) Complete the test drive registration process & provide all required information by
Sales Advisor at Outlet.
c) After completing test drive, participants need to fill up all details required in
contest form and answer one (1) qualifying question correctly & submit to Sales
2. All submissions must strictly fulfill all the following criteria; (a) the completion of the
test drive registration (b) complete the test drive session at selected Toyota
showroom and (c) fill up required details in contest form & the correct answer to
one (1) qualifying question.
3. Participant shall provide all required information in contest form.
4. The eventual winners will be randomly selected in the form of a digital lucky draw
from the pool of participants upon the conclusion of the Contest Period by a
selected audit firm at the discretion of the Organiser.
5. The Organiser’s decision in respect of this Contest and the lucky draw shall be final
and conclusive. No correspondences or appeals shall be entertained.
6. The Organiser shall have the sole and absolute discretion to disqualify a submission
or a participant if invalid, incorrect or incomplete information were submitted.
7. In the event that the test drive session is not carried out, the participation for this
contest is considered incomplete even though the contest form is submitted.
8. In the event that a requested Toyota model is not available at the test drive session,
the Organiser shall have the sole and absolute discretion to substitute an alternative
Toyota model for the test drive session.
1. The Prizes available for the giveaway as below :
Monthly Draw (Test
1.Samsung Note 9 x 1
2.Vivo Ne x 1
3.Mini iPad x 1
Quarterly Draw (Booking)
1. Holiday Package
2. Holiday Package
3. Holiday Package
Drive Bonanza Draw
1. 4 x VIOS
3. Other than the provision of the Prizes, all costs, charges, fees and/or expenses of
whatsoever nature that is associated with the Contest and/or the Prizes shall be the
sole responsibility of the winners and the participants.
4. The Prize will be given out on the understanding of one prize per winner.
5. Winners of all Prizes will be contacted on their mobile phone number, letter to their
address or email address provided by the winner during the Contest registration. In
the event the winner fails to respond within ten (10) business days of being notified
or declines to accept the prize, the Organiser reserves its absolute right to
irrevocably forfeit the prize and select another winner without being liable or
responsible to the winner in any manner whatsoever.
6. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss or delay of the delivery of the
prizes due to incomplete, inaccurate, invalid and/or erroneous details given. In the
event of a change of address, it shall be the responsibility of the winners to inform
the Organiser prior to the delivery of the prizes.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to use any other mode or medium that it deems fit
at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of announcing the winners,
contacting the winners, verifying the identity of the winners and delivering the
8. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winners and the Organiser excludes
itself from any express or implied warranties in connection with the Prizes to the
extent permitted by law.
9. The Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other item and
cannot be resold or offered for resale. Unless otherwise approved by the Organiser
in writing, the Prizes are not transferable. If the winner chooses not to accept the
Prize for any reason, there will be no compensation offered.
10. However, the Organiser may at any time at its sole and absolute discretion
substitute the Prize with other items of an equal or similar value with or without
E. Other Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of section E herein, “participant” or “participants” shall also include the
1. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify any participant
and/or revoke the Prize at any time, where:
a.The participant fails to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein;
b.the participant engages in improper conduct during the test drive sessions;
c. The participant attempts to undermine the operation and administration of
the Contest by fraud, cheating or deception;
d.The participant fails to provide accurate, complete, valid, identifiable and/or
truthful information during participation, registration to participate and/or
at any stage of this Contest.
2. The participant shall not engage in conduct that directly or indirectly brings the
Organiser or the persons managing the Contest in a state of disrepute.
3. The user of ‘aliases’ shall be considered as form of deception and is prohibited.
4. In the event that the Contest is cancelled, postponed and/or abandoned for any
reason, the Organiser without being subject to any form of liability and at its sole
and absolute discretion may or may not choose to substitute the prize with other
item(s) of an equal or similar value with or without conditions. In such an event, the
Organiser shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any
form of claim and/or liabilities howsoever arising whether direct, indirect or
5. In the event that this Contest cannot be administered and/or is abandoned and/or
cancelled and/or discontinued due to any reason, the Organiser, without being
subject to any form of liability and at its sole and absolute discretion, may decide to
cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and/or invalidate any entries for
this Contest without assigning any reasons thereto and without notice to the
6. The protection of personal data is an important concern to UMW Toyota Motor Sdn
Bhd (“UMWT”). Any personal data collected during registration for participation in
the Contest and/or during the Contest will be processed in accordance with the
Personal Data Protection Notice of UMWT as available for viewing at
http://www.toyota.com.my/terms.html (“PDP Notice”). By the participant
submitting his/her personal data to UMWT for this Contest during registration for
participation in the Contest, the participant hereby consents to UMWT processing
his/her personal data according to the PDP Notice.
7. By participating in this Contest, the participant hereby consent to UMWT to use,
publish, exhibit and display participant’s name, the last four digits of their
Identification Card Number, image and comments in any nature or form for
documentation, advertising and promotional purpose in any form of media and any
reasonable manner it sees fit without additional compensation. The participants are
not eligible to claim any proprietary right thereto.
8. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion prohibit participation by any
participant and/or Winner who in any manner whatsoever disrupts, tampers and/or
engages in improper conduct that affects the Contest and/or the administration of
the Contest and/or breaches any of the terms and conditions stipulated herein.
9. By participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that the Organiser reserves
the right to disclose the participants and representatives personal data in the event
the Organiser believes that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring
legal action against an individual who might cause or may be causing damage to or
interfere (whether intentionally or otherwise) with the Contest and/or UMWT
and/or any other third party’s rights or property which could be harmed by such
activities. The Organiser may also disclose the personal data of the participants and
the representatives if required to do so by a court of law or other relevant body.
10. The participants agree that the Organiser and its related and/or associated
companies shall not be liable to the participants and/or any other party in any
manner whatsoever for any form of liabilities, losses, claims and/or damages
howsoever arising in connection with the Contest or otherwise.
11. By participating in this Contest, the participants represent that they are fully aware
of the risks and hazards associated with the Contest. Further thereto, the participant
assumes all risks and dangers incidental to the test drive, whether before, during or
after the Contest and agree to release the Organiser from all forms of claims for loss,
damage and liabilities whatsoever irrespective of its nature or cause.
12. The Organiser’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest (including the
selection of the winner and the manner of administration of the Contest) shall be
final, absolute and binding on the participants. No correspondences, enquiries,
appeals, challenge, or discussion in respect to any decision or determination made
by the Organiser will be entertained.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of Malaysia.
14. The Organiser hereby disclaims and shall not he held liable for any claims and
liability howsoever arising from personal injuries, medical conditions and damage to
property originating from the acceptance of the Prize and the winner shall hold the
Organiser harmless from any such claims.