Join “ My Dad & I” Photo Contest & stand a chance to win a Nikon s6500 Digital Camera worth RM728!
Hurry, contest ends on 19th June 2013!
Enter Now. It’s Easy!
1. Spend above RM50 at Harvey Norman PhotoCentre on printing solutions, photo frames and albums during the contest period (29th May – 19th June 2013). Make sure you retain the original PhotoCentre receipt as proof of purchase.
2. Fill in your details in the online contest form below including the transaction number found on your receipt (see sample receipt image on the right). Upload a recent photo with an accompanying slogan of no more than 30 words describing “I love my dad because…” for your chance to win!
• Competition is open to all residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and over, except employees and immediate families of employees of Harvey Norman Malaysia and any other organisations associated with this competition including their related entities.
• Entrants must be the original photographer.
• All subjects in the photograph are assumed to have consented to being photographed by the entrant.
• Photo must have been taken within one (1) year before the date of entry and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photo competition.
• Minimum image resolution: 3MP (megapixels)
• Maximum image file size: 2MB.
• Acceptable image file type: JPG/JPEG digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
• Only minor colour and contrast correction and cropping are acceptable. Any other changes to the original photo will not be eligible.
“My Dad & I” Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on “How to Enter” form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Spend RM50 & above in a single receipt at Harvey Norman Photo Centre (in Malaysia only) on printing solutions, photo frames/album during the contest period to enter the contest. Only one (1) entry is permitted per receipt. Entrants are allowed to submit multiple entries (using the same email address and IC number) with a different receipt number for each photo submitted. However, each winner can only claim one prize.
4. The Promotion is open to all residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and over, except employees, and immediate families of employees, of Harvey Norman Malaysia and any other organization associated with this Promotion including their related entities.
5. Online entries generated by script, macro, bot or other automated means are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
6. The contest begins on 29th May 2013 at 00:00 (GMT+8) and closes on 19th June 2013 at 23:59 (GMT+8)
7. Entrants must be original photographer, that photos must not depict violence, nudity, and hints of sexual activities, culturally insensitive images/connotations, that the subjects are assumed to have consented to being photographed. If Harvey Norman Malaysia, in their absolute discretion, considers a Photograph is in violation of any laws, Harvey Norman Malaysia may report the entrant to the appropriate law enforcement authority and the entrant will have no claim against Harvey Norman Malaysia, including for any loss or damage it may suffer as a result.
8. To enter the contest, entrants must complete an online entry form at (http://www.harveynorman.com.my/photo-contest). Entrants must fill in their full name, I/C number, address, phone number, valid email address and a brief slogan of the photo explaining why the photograph contains “I love my dad because…” in not more than 30 words in English or Bahasa Melayu. Harvey Norman Malaysia may edit the submitted photograph captions for language, clarity or length.
9. Photos must be in digital format and only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry in the contest. All digital photos must be in JPG or JPEG format, at least 3MP (mega pixels) in resolution and below 2MB in file size. Only minor colour and contrast correction and cropping are acceptable. Any other changes or manipulations to the original photograph will not be eligible for entry.
10. Photos must have been taken within one (1) year before the date of entry and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photo competition.
11. Harvey Norman Malaysia reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, proof of age, place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by Harvey Norman Malaysia to enforce any of their rights at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. Entries that are incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, or do not comply with these Terms and Conditions are invalid.
13. Judging of the entries will commence on 21st June 2013. The contest will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Harvey Norman Malaysia. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit to the caption provided and suitability for the Promotion. Winners will be notified by telephone and in writing using contact details provided in their entry.
14. Harvey Norman Malaysia reserve the right to request the Winner provides suitable identification and proof of age prior to awarding the Prize. It is the responsibility of the winner’s to prove their identity at the time of winner notification. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a winners, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to and administrative/ legal fees incurred by Harvey Norman Malaysia) and may be subject to penalties and/or punishment under other laws of Malaysia.
15. The best (1) entry as determined by the judges will be deemed the First Prize winner and will receive a Nikon s6500 Digital Camera. Second Prize winner and will receive a Nikon s3500 Digital Camera. Third Prize winner and will receive a Canvas art 24×24 (worth RM199) The next best five (5) entries as determined by the judges will receive a Consolation Prize Photo book consists of 10 pages (valued at RM59.90). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
16. Prize must be taken as offered. All prizes, or any unused portion of prizes, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Malaysia Ringgit. Harvey Norman Malaysia accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Harvey Norman Malaysia will not be liable for any prize that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of prize at a venue is subject to the standard rules and regulations of that venue/s.
17. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
18. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by Harvey Norman Malaysia, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
20. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, Harvey Norman Malaysia reserve the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the Marketing Departments. Harvey Norman Malaysia is neither responsible nor liable for any late, lost, misdirected or any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize.
21. Harvey Norman Malaysia decision in relation to this contest is final and binding on entrants and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Harvey Norman Malaysia (including its employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Harvey Norman Malaysia control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Harvey Norman Malaysia) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Harvey Norman Malaysia; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) use of the prize.
24. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Harvey Norman Malaysia, Harvey Norman Malaysia reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. All entries and Photographs submitted become the property of Harvey Norman Malaysia. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. By entering the Promotion each entrant warrants to Harvey Norman Malaysia that each entry submitted (including but not limited to Photographs) is an original artistic work of the entrant which does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify Harvey Norman Malaysia, their related entities and their employees and agents, against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. The entrant grants to Harvey Norman Malaysia, and their related entities an irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish any of the entries (including but not limited to the Photographs), for any purpose at their discretion and in any manner and/or medium, to alter the Photographs without restriction, including (but not limited to) for any future promotion, marketing and publicity purposes without further compensation.
26. By entering the contest, entrants consent to their personal information being used by Harvey Norman Malaysia and their related entities or on any of their behalf for the purpose of conducting this Promotion and supplying any prizes, notifying the winners, and for any other purpose contemplated by these Terms and Conditions. Harvey Norman Malaysia may share the personal details of the entrants with their related entities, and the personal details of entrants may be stored in hard and/or soft copy format at the offices of Harvey Norman Malaysia, or their related entities unless the entrant requests for their information to be deleted or destroyed. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the party communicating with the entrant.
To join submit you detail contest at here [Contest Form]