Topic :Win The Best Holiday in the World
Prizes : As above
Deadline : 28 December 2009
Tiebreaker : Pick your favourite theme from the above and tell us in 50 words or less why that’s The Best Holiday in the World*
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to all Malaysian residents 18 years and above only. Employees
of Tourism Queensland, AirAsia Berhad, competition sponsors and their immediate
families are ineligible to enter.
2. All entries are to be submitted via the entry form at www.queensland.com.sg/bestholiday.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. The following information must be included with the entry: entrant’s full name, email
address and country. Participants are to pick their favourite theme from The Best Nature
Holiday, The Best Family Holiday and The Best Adventure and write in 50 words or less
why they feel that is the Best Holiday in the World
5. Participants are encouraged to read the features in The Star Weekender on The Best
Nature Holiday, The Best Family Holiday and The Best Adventure, on 28 November, 5 &
12 December 2009 to increase their chances of winning.
6. The competition closes at 2359 hours on 28 December 2009.
7. The name of the winner will be published in The Star Weekender on 9 January 2010. The
winner will also be notified by email.
8. The winner MUST be able to travel from 25 January to 2 February 2010, both dates
9. The entry which is deemed by Tourism Queensland’s panel of judges to be the best, most
original and creative will win the prize.
10. Tourism Queensland and all persons authorized by Tourism Queensland reserve the right
to use all entries for publicity and promotional purposes in any manner deemed fit without
the payment of any fee.
11. The winner will receive a pair of return AirAsia air tickets from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold
Coast and seven nights’ paid accommodation. They will travel with The Star Weekender’s
representative on an itinerary planned by Tourism Queensland.
12. The prize is not exchangeable nor transferable. Prizes include airfare and
accommodation only; they do not include airport taxes, convenience fees, insurance
coverage, baggage, meals, advance seat requests, local payments or additional personal
expenses that may be incurred, which will be at the winner’s cost.
13. Tourism Queensland reserves the right to replace any of the prizes with other items of
14. Entrants must be eligible for a short term tourist visa to Australia. For visa information visit
www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist. The prize winner and travel companions must arrange
and pay for their own tourist visa to Australia prior to travel. Tourism Queensland will not
be held responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date resulting in
inability to travel. Ineligibility to obtain a visa results in cancellation of the prize and a redraw.
15. Travel insurance is not provided and Tourism Queensland recommends the prize winner
and all travel companions obtain comprehensive travel insurance including medical
coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel.
16. The winner’s experiences will be featured in The Star Weekender. Tourism Queensland
and persons authorized by Tourism Queensland reserve the right to use the information
and images contributed by winner for publicity purposes without the payment of any fee.
17. Tourism Queensland will not be liable for any loss (including, but not limited to, direct,
indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, loss of opportunity, revenue or profit),
expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not
arising from any person‘s negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection
with this promotion or from accepting or using the prize.
18. The decision of the judges is final and binding. No further correspondence will be entered
19. Submission of an entry signifies acceptance of the rules and conditions stated above.