TITLE:BBQ HOT HOT CHALLENGE
PRIZE:1st prize : Rm2500 cash, 2nd prize: RM1500, 3rd prize: Rm500, RM50 BBQ cash voucher for all participants
DATELINE: 13 Dec 2009
Here’s how to sign up!
1. Ensure that you are 16 years old or above.
2. Fill in your particulars in the form below and click ‘submit’.
3. You must agree with the Terms & Conditions.
4. Check your e-mail to verify that your e-mail address is valid and active.
5. Wait for our confirmation e-mail to inform you of your status.
Please ensure that your details are accurate before submitting, as we will be in touch with you via e-mail. Please check your e-mail within the hour and click on the link provided to verify your e-mail address.
Incomplete forms will not be processed and you will not be informed.
Persons under 18 years old will require written permission from their parents or legal guardians.
Participation is subject to a RM10.00 registration fee.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Eligibility and Competition Information
1. Genesis BBQ (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd c/o BBQ Chicken (“BBQ Chicken”) will hold the Hot Hot Challenge eating competition (“Competition”) at 3.00pm till 4.00pm on Saturday, 19 December 2009 (“Competition Time”) at the Deliciously 1Malaysia exhibition, Putra World Trade Centre (“Competition Venue”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Competition:
a. Permanent and/or contract employees of BBQ Chicken (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and/or
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising and promotion agents) of BBQ Chicken and their immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, siblings); and/or
c. Individuals below the age of 16 years
3. Individuals below the age of 18 years must submit written permission from their parents or legal guardians in order to participate.
4. This Competition is a speed-based eating competition held nationwide, where the winners are determined by the lowest time it takes to consume a given number of Hot Hot Drums.
1. This Competition is limited to the first 50 successful applicants who fulfil points 2 and 3 as listed under Eligibility & Competition Information (“Contestant”).
2. To be picked as a Contestant, entries must be submitted online at www.bbq-chicken.com.my after agreeing to be bound by these stipulated Terms & Conditions.
3. The competition entry will close at 12.00am local server time on Monday, 14 December 2009, or upon the first 50 entries received, whichever comes first.
4. Each submitted entry is only deemed complete upon receipt of BBQ Chicken’s written acknowledgement via electronic mail. BBQ Chicken will not be held responsible for unsuccessful receipt of entries due to reasons related to information transit/transfer, including but not limited to failed third-party infrastructure, time outs, unreliable Internet connection, etc.
5. BBQ Chicken will regard incomplete online forms as invalid entries and no correspondence or notifications will be made.
6. With regard to received complete entries, all entry status, i.e. successful or unsuccessful (due to the 50 Contestant limit) will be notified in the acknowledgement e-mail.
7. Contestants must pay an entry fee of RM10.00 on the Competition day.
8. Enquiries to BBQ Chicken regarding this Competition can be made via its website at www.bbq-chicken.com.my
1. The prizes that will be given away under this Competition are:
a. First prize: RM2,500
b. Second prize: RM1,500
c. Third prize: RM500
2. These prizes in the form of cheques will be immediately awarded to the winners after the Competition Time.
3. All attending and participating Contestants will be given a RM50 cash voucher valid for one (1) month at all 14 BBQ Chicken outlets in Malaysia, at the end of the Competition.
1. All Contestants must check in with BBQ Chicken staff at the Competition Venue one (1) hour before the start of the Competition Time. If a Contestant has not checked in by 2.00pm, the spot will be opened up to another participant at the sole and incontestable discretion of BBQ Chicken staff.
2. All participants must agree to sign an indemnity letter before being recognised as an endorsed and valid Contestant of BBQ Chicken’s Competition deserving of any entitlements including but not limited to the prizes, RM50.00 cash voucher, etc.
3. Before the start of the Competition, Contestants will be divided into two (2) groups of 25 persons each (“Group”). Contestants will be assigned to these Groups on a random basis. In the event that less than 50 Contestants are present at the Competition, the number of present Contestants will be divided into two, i.e. if 30 contestants are present, each Group will have 15 Contestants.
4. There will be three (3) rounds in total: two (2) preliminary rounds of 25 persons each to determine the 10 finalists, and one (1) final round to determine the three (3) Competition winners.
5. With regard to the preliminary rounds, the first five (5) Contestants in each Group to satisfactorily complete their respective Group rounds as detailed under Judging will be advanced to the final round, i.e. five out of 25 Contestants from Group 1 and another five from Group 2.
6. With regard to the final round, the first three (3) Contestants to satisfactorily complete each respective round as detailed under Judging will be determined the first, second and third prize winners.
7. All Contestants will be given five (5) Hot Hot Drums before the start of each round. While all care will be exercised by BBQ Chicken to ensure this, it remains the responsibility of the Contestant to verify the number of Hot Hot Drums on their plate.
8. Contestants who satisfactorily complete each round as detailed under Judging must immediately ring the bell to be eligible for selection as a Group finalist or Competition winner.
9. All rounds will be stopped once BBQ Chicken judges or representatives have determined the necessary numbers of finalists or winners, i.e. five (5) in each Group for each preliminary round and three (3) for the final round.
10. The final round will commence after a 10-minute intermission after the completion of the last preliminary round.
1. In the event of a tie at the finals, the opposing Contestants will be given three (3) Hot Hot Drums. The first Contestant to complete the tie-breaker as detailed under Judging will be deemed the first prize winner, the second Contestant to complete will be deemed the second prize winner, and so on and so forth until three (3) winners are determined.
1. The judging process will be performed by a pre-determined panel of BBQ Chicken staff whose decisions are final and incontestable.
2. Each Hot Hot Drum must be cleanly eaten, i.e. no meat or skin must be left on the bone other than at the joint areas. If disputed, uneaten portions will be moderated by the popular vote of BBQ Chicken judges. If the amount is found to be excessive, the contestant will be disqualified.
3. Contestants must completely swallow the last mouthful before ringing the bell to declare the challenge completed.
4. All Contestants must retain five (5) bones for verification and examination by a BBQ Chicken judge or representative to qualify as a finalist or winner. Contestants who do not satisfy this requirement will be disqualified.
Indemnity and Cancellation, Termination and Suspension of Competition
1. All Contestants must indemnify and save harmless BBQ Chicken from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever (including without limitation to loss of health, income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) which the Contestant may pay, sustain, suffer or incur by reason of or in connection with the participation of the Competition, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all costs and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred in connection with any such loss or damage, even if BBQ Chicken has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
2. BBQ Chicken reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Competition with or without any prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by BBQ Chicken of this Competition shall not entitle the Contestant to any claim or compensation against BBQ Chicken for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred by any party as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
General Terms and Conditions
1. BBQ Chicken reserves the right to publish or display the personal details of Contestants including but not limited to the name, photograph, identification card number and city of residence for advertising and publicity purposes. By participating in this Competition, Contestants hereby acknowledge and agree that BBQ Chicken shall be at liberty to use or publish these details without prior notice to or approval from the Contestant.
2. Any and all accommodation and travelling expenses and arrangements will be borne by the Contestant.
3. BBQ Chicken’s decision on all matters relating to this Competition will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entertained.
4. BBQ Chicken reserves the right at its absolute discretion to amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
5. By participating in this Competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.