TITLE: Deepa Raaga – Songwriting Contest
PRIZE: Grand Prize : RM25,000
Top 10 winners will take home cash prizes.
Total Cash prizes RM85,000
DEADLINE: 15 July 2009
WEBSITE/URL: http://www.deeparaaga.com or call the secretariat at 03-77817502
DEEPA RAAGA RULES
1. The contest is open to all adults, male and female, aged 18 and above. No restriction on nationality, and country of domicile
2. The entries must be songs written in the Tamil language, and the songs’ lyrics as well as melody must have obvious aspects of the festive spirit in celebrating Deepavali.
3. Each song entry must, preferably, be of the duration not exceeding 180 seconds (3 minutes).
4. The songs entered should have strong elements of festive music culture that portrays the strong communal spirit in which Deepavali is celebrated together with friends and family.
5. All entries may only be submitted during the Open Pool stage between 1stJune 2009 and 15th July 2009. Any entry submitted or received after 15th July 2009 is deemed to be void.
6. Judges will then pick the Top 30 for the Semi-Finals, which is the first knockout stage. And at the Semi-Finals, to be held over 3 days at the Chakravatty Club in Kuala Lumpur. Judges will then pick the Top 10 for the Grand Finals.
7. Prizes are only given to the Top 10 Grand Finalists.
8. To enter, all contestants are required to submit their song on MP3 format, together with lyrics. Entries may be submitted either, online on the website http://www.DeepaRaaga.com , or, they may deliver their entries, attached with the song on a CD as well as 2 hardcopies of the respective song lyrics, directly to the Secretariat either by personal hand delivery, or else by a dispatch method by which receipt may be acknowledged by the Secretariat – such as courier or AR Registered mail.
Secretariat contact details:
c/o Earth, Wind & Fire Advertising Sdn Bhd,
133a, Jalan Gasing,
46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,
Tel : +603-7781-7502 Fax: +603-7784-0090
9. All entries must be accompanied by:
i the duly completed Entry Form;
ii the duly signed Rules & Regulations; and
iii the Assignment of Copyright.
10. There is no entry fee. However, contestants are to bear their own cost, including but not exclusive to their traveling expenses, accommodation, costumes and all cost incidental thereto in respect of their participation in this contest.
11. The contestant agrees that by submitting the song for this contest and in consideration of being eligible to win the Prizes stated below, the contestant hereby assigns with full title guarantee to the Organizers (Chakravartty Club – managed by Eastern Junction Sdn Bhd, Co No: 388462-H) the copyright and all other rights of a like nature conferred under the laws of Malaysia and all other countries of the world in the song entered for the contest.
12. The online submission of entries is recommended as it is a simple process. Participants may contact the Secretariat for a guide on how to make their online submissions.
13. Each song entered for the Contest is considered to be one entry. And each entry may be made by either one or more persons. However, only one prize will be given to the winning entry, regardless of how many individuals are involved in that particular entry.
14. Contestants may submit more than one entry for the Open Pool stage. However, if that Contestant is selected by Judges for the semi-final stage, then, only the best one from all those entries by the particular contestant will be selected for the next stage.
15. For the semi-final and final stages, contestants may appoint singers to render their song compositions for the live performances. However, each performance is limited to a maximum of 2 singers only.
16. This contest is open to both amateurs as well as professionals;
17. The Judges decisions are final, and no queries or appeals will be entertained thereafter.