Take A New Journey Through Space! It’s time for a new look at a very old universe. In its mysteries, we find the secrets of our past and the key to our future. Join us in the new season of The Universe as it unveils the fascinating exploration of space.
Tune in to The History Channel, Ch 555 every Monday at 9pm. Take a journey of knowledge with Astro with an engaging line-up of the world’s best documentaries plus never-seen-before footages on science, technology, people, places, wildlife and many more, you’ll never need to travel far for knowledge. Discover it all here in the Astro Learning Package.
So hurry! All you have to do is tick YES to subscribe to the Learning Package and submit the Contest Entry* before June 30, 2009
DEADLINE: before June 30, 2009
The Contestants are required to answer three questions and submit a slogan as follows:
1. Which is the brightest planet?
2. What is the largest planet?
3. Which of the following is one potential disasters facing future space
4. Submit a slogan,
Tell us in less than 50 words, why you deserve the trip to NASA, the Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
The Contestants must adhere to the mechanism of the Contest as may be briefed and communicated to the Contestants by the Organiser during the Contest Period.
• Subject to other criteria set out below and in the Contest Standard Terms and Conditions, the Contest is open to any Malaysian citizen who is:
i. an Active Astro customer and subscriber of the Learning Package as at 1 May 2009; or
ii. an Active Astro customer (without Learning Package) as at 30 April 2009 and who subscribes to the Learning Package between 1 May 2009 and 30 June 2009; or
iii. NOT an Astro customer as at 30 April 2009 and who subscribes for the ASTRO Service (including Learning Package) between 1 May 2009 and 30 June 2009.
iv. (“Contestant”) Certain persons, as set out in the Contest Standard Terms and Conditions, are not eligible to enter the Contests.
• “Active Astro customer” means an existing subscriber of the Astro Service and whose account is current and active with no outstanding payments due and owing to Astro and who has not breached the Astro subscription agreement nor given any instructions to terminate and /or suspend his/her subscription to the Astro Service.
• The contestant must continue to subscribe for the Learning package and pay for all Astro subscription charges until the prize fulfillment. If the contestant fails to do so, the contestant will not be eligible for the prize and the Organizer may disqualify the contestant and select another contestant in substitution of the defaulting contestant.
Age of Eligibility
Contestants below 18 years of age as at 1 May 2009 must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Contest.
• The Contest shall be held from 1 May 2009 to 30 June 2009 and will close at 11.59 pm on 30 June 2009 or such other time that Astro shall decide from time to time. Entries received after the stipulated time will be ineligible to participate in the Contest and for the prize.
Language of Contest
The Contest will be organized by the Organiser in the English language.
• Log on to http://www.astro.com.my to enter contest
1. Enter contest page to participate in the contest.
2. Before submitting your answer and slogan, click on Learning Package subscription box.
Yes! I would like to subscribe to the Learning package
(Please be advised that by checking this box you have agreed to subscribe to the Learning Package & your Astro Account will automatically be charged accordingly every month.)
• Only one entry per Contestant is allowed.
• Astro shall be entitled to request to sight the original Identity Card or the originals of other supporting documents/materials for verification and validation.
• Entries have to be submitted online via http://www.astro.com.my on or before 11.59pm on 30 June 2009 to be eligible for the Contest.
Entries have to be submitted online via http://www.astro.com.my
Selection of Winners
• Winners will be chosen based on the correct answer and with the most interesting slogan given (based on 40% creativity, 40% originality, 20%grammar)
• In the event the selected winner is not an active Astro customer with Learning Package subscription during fulfillment period, he / she will not be eligible to win the prize.
• Selection process will be conducted by Astro and The History Channel.
• There will be a total of 231 winners.
The Judge’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained
1 x Grand Prize: A Trip for 2 to NASA, the Kennedy Space Center in Florida worth RM18,000
30 x Special Prizes: A Cosmic Explorer Interactive Solar System model worth RM200 each
200 x Consolation Prizes: HISTORY Hampers worth RM100 each
Notification of winners
• Contest winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone no later than 31st August 2009.
• For the Grand Prize, the collection period shall be such period as notified by the Organizer and the schedule for the trip to NASA shall be such dates as may determined by the Organizer within 360 days from the date of notification.
• For other prizes, the collection period is 60 days from the date of the notification.
Collection Venue (If Any)
To be announced during notification of winners
Additional Terms, if any
The Grand Prize is subject to Terms and Conditions to be advised
The Basic Terms and the Contest Standard Terms and Conditions (collectively “Terms and Conditions”) shall be binding on all contestants who participate in this Contest (“Contestants”). The definitions in the Contest Standard Terms and Conditions shall apply unless otherwise expressly stated in the Basic Terms. In the event of any inconsistency between the Basic Contest Terms and the Contest Standard Terms and Conditions, the Basic Terms shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
Entry and participation in the Contest shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by the Contestants of the Terms and Conditions.