After seven years of waiting, Trekkies can rejoice as the 11th film of this science film franchise directed by J. J. Abrams is finally here.
The prequel tells the story of James T. Kirk in his journey to becoming the captain of USS Enterprise. During his time in the academy, he meets Spock, Uhura, Dr ‘Bones’ McCoy and the rest of his crew.
While Spock and Kirk has a rough start, they are forced to work together to fend off a vicious Romulan from the future that is determined to destroy Spock.
Even if you were never a Trekkie, the trailer and the synopsis alone should get you psyched about this long running series. Star Trek opens nationwide on May 8.
Stand a chance of winning some limited edition movie premiums courtesy of United International Pictures (Malaysia). All you have to do is answer three simple questions below and you’ll be in the running to be a lucky winner.
*Who is the only original actor reprising his character in the original series? :
*How many years has it been since the last Star Trek feature film? :
*Who is the actor that plays the role of Nero? :
First prize (x2):
One (1) Limited Edition Star Trek T-shirt worth RM150 each, Two (2) Limited Edition Star Trek posters (One  of Kirk, One  of Spock)
Consolation prize (x10):
Two (2) Limited Edition Star Trek posters (One  of Kirk, One  of Spock)
DEADLINE: May 8 2008
Terms & Conditions:
1. This contest is organised by Time Out KL (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organiser’).
2. The prizes for this contest are neither exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
3. All persons (‘Contestants’) taking part in this contest agree that these rules shall be binding on them, and that the entries in this contest, including their name and likeness, may be used without restriction in any future publicity material by the Organiser.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these rules or terminate the contest at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Organiser under these rules shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained. The Organiser may, but is not required to, justify any decisions relating to this contest.
5. The Contestant acknowledges that the interest and good reputation of the Organiser is of paramount importance. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant from the contest, or to withdraw the prize if it believes the Contestant is in breach of its obligations under the rules. The Contestant shall not by act or omission, directly or indirectly bring the Organiser into disrepute.
6. All entries are sent at the risk of the Contestant and in the event that there are technical difficulties experienced arising out of the internet or from any associated equipment or internet security is compromised, the Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry and shall not accept any liability doing so.
7. Contest entries may only be submitted via the stated medium of communication.
8. This contest is open to anyone above 18 years old and contestants under 18 years old are prohibited from entering this contest.
9. Each entry must be completed in full. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete entries in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. Contestants shall only submit one entry and multiple entries of the same shall be treated as ‘spam’ and shall be ignored.
11. Incomplete entries will be deemed void.
12. Entries will be judged by Time Out KL solely on the correctness of the answer(s) furnished and accuracy of personal details furnished with the judges’ decision as final.
13. The winners will be announced on this website and shall be informed by email.
14. Names of winners shall be announced on this website. Use ‘aliases’ shall be considered a form of deception and is also prohibited.
15. The winner must produce their original IC / passport with legible IC / passport number in order to claim the prize. The winner may also be required to produce additional original proof of identity at the discretion of the Organiser.
16. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Organiser excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
17. All Contestants release from, and indemnify the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
18. All personal particulars furnished are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
19. Prizes will be forfeited if not collected within the time frame stated after the announcement of winners.