TITLE: [SMS+ONLINE+SLOGAN] ESPN – BPL Celebration – Asia Decides Contest
BPL Celebration is a voting contest spanning seven weeks. Starting from 6th of April, one category will be open for voting each week. The six categories are as follows: Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder, Striker, Wildcard and Manager.
The best player from each category, excluding the Managers, will be pooled together as the 5 finalists for the Nokia BPL Player of the Season.
On 28th May’ 09, watch the crowning of the Nokia BPL Player of the Season on BPL Celebration – Asia Decides, a special 2-hour LIVE show on STAR Sports! To play the game, simply SMS or login online to vote for your player and tell us ONE interesting fact about this player in 15 words or less. Vote as many times as you want, the most interesting fact wins! Refer above picture.
The Promoter and Operator of BPL Celebration – Asia Decides (“The Competition”) is ESPN STAR Sports, 151 Lorong Chuan, #03-01 New Tech Park, Singapore 556741 (“The Promoter”).
The following Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between the entrants and the Promoter:-
* These rules are the general terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) that apply to the competition described at the URL address [www.espnstar.com/bplcelebration] (“Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter the Competition.
* Specific rules relating to the Competition are displayed on the [www.espnstar.com/bplcelebration] web page posting for the Competition (the “Specific Rules”) and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules, the Specific Rules shall prevail. If you do not accept the Specific Rules, please do not enter the Competition.
* ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to cancel or modify the Competition, and amend the Specific Rules or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Specific Rules or these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept any changes to the Specific Rules and/or these Terms and Conditions, please do not continue to participate in the Competition.
* In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, Specific Rules, conduct of the Competition, results and any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of ESPN STAR Sports shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
* Applications to participate in the Competition must be made online or via SMS via an official application form available from the ESPN STAR Sports’ BPL Celebration – Asia Decides website and submitted therein by 1900HKT on the Closing Date stated ; a single application is sufficient to qualify an entrant for the Nomination Voting and Grand Finale inclusive:
Grand Finale – Friday, 15 th May 2009
* Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules, the Competition is open to residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, India, Vietnam and Bangladesh other than those persons specified in clause 7 below. Eligibility and entitlement as to prizes may change for regulatory reasons in which case the Terms and Conditions shall be amended accordingly. You agree that ESPN STAR Sports shall not be held liable in the event that any persons are subsequently excluded from the Competition as a result of any regulatory direction or applicable law.
* Employees and agents of any sponsor or promoter of the Competition, ESPN, ESPN STAR Sports, STAR TV, the Walt Disney Company, Nokia Pte Ltd, i-POP Networks Pte Ltd or any advertising agency, web company connected with ESPN STAR Sports (the “Specified Companies”) or any subsidiary or associated company of the Specified Companies, as well as members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
* ESPN STAR Sports will assume (and by entering the Competition you warrant) that either you have legal capacity to enter into the agreement set out in these Terms and Conditions (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are otherwise entitled to be legally bound in contract), or if you are below 21 years of age, your parents have consented to your use of the web site and accept these Terms and Conditions on your behalf. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to verify that such consent has been obtained at all times.
* By entering the Competition, you:
* warrant that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules;
* warrant that all information submitted by you is true, accurate, current and complete;
* accept that all entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting therein, which are received by ESPN STAR Sports will become the property of ESPN STAR Sports and will not be returned; and
* warrant that your entry does not defame, cause injury or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any applicable law, regulation, custom or intellectual property rights of any third party.
* ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any entrant from the Competition and withhold prizes if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Specific Rules.
* In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, ESPN STAR Sports may in its sole and absolute discretion select another winner from entries received before the specified closing date on the same criteria as the original entrant who will be subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules.
* Competition entries must be completed in full and made in the manner and by the closing date (if any) specified on the Specific Rules. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
* Proof of dispatch cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. ESPN STAR Sports does not accept responsibility or liability for any failure to receive entries whether caused by any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, server functions, virus, bugs or otherwise.
* Please see the Specific Rules for details of the prizes. Winners will be selected based only on the interesting fact submitted about the selected player. The factors that the judge(s) will take into account in selecting the winner shall include without limitation, the demonstration of knowledge of the player, how interesting the fact is, and such other factors as the judge(s) deem appropriate in their sole and absolute discretion. .
* In all matters, the decision of ESPN STAR Sports shall be final and binding. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
* Prize winners will be notified by e-mail within 7 days of award. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 15 days of email notification shall result in disqualification.
* Enquiries regarding prizes must be made via e-mail to email@example.com. Failure to claim a prize within the time or manner notified may result in disqualification. All entitled winners shall receive their prize(s) within 90 days of making their claims. Should a winner not receive his/her prize within this time then he/she should contact ESPN STAR Sports directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to substitute prizes which may not be of equal value at any time.
* ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to request (i) documentary proof of residency and/or age of any winner; and (ii) execution of release of liability and acknowledgement forms (in form and substance satisfactory to ESPN STAR Sports) before any prize is dispatched.
* In the event that any prize or receipt thereof incurs any tax liability, such tax shall be borne by and is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
* Prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind from ESPN STAR Sports, express or implied, save where this would be contrary to applicable law. Actual prizes by ESPN STAR Sports, and any of its sponsors, may differ from those shown anywhere in or during the contest. Entrants shall not make any claims or demands in this regard.
* To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, ESPN STAR Sports and all sponsors of the Competition, including Nokia Pte Ltd, shall not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of inability to participate in the Competition, or the acceptance or use of any prize. You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Competition website and your participation in the Competition is at your sole risk. ESPN STAR Sports and all sponsors of the Competition, including Nokia Pte Ltd, are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
* By entering, participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against the Specified Companies, their parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from entry into the Competition, inability to participate in the Competition, or acceptance or use of any prize.
* You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified ESPN STAR Sports and all sponsors of the Competition, including Nokia Pte Ltd, their officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, loss, damage or liability suffered and fees and costs incurred, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any act, neglect or default or breach by you or any person who may be authorized by you or for whom you are responsible of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or from your placement or transmission of any content onto ESPN STAR Sports’ servers and/or from any and all use of your account.
Data Protection and Publicity
* By entering a Competition, entrants agree that should they win the Competition, ESPN STAR Sports and the sponsors of the Competition, including Nokia Pte Ltd, may use, without further charges and without further notice, their names and addresses, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity or promotional material as ESPN STAR Sports and the sponsors may in their sole and absolute discretion decide.
* You acknowledge and agree that all copyright and trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the website and all material or content contained within it shall remain at all time owned by ESPN STAR Sports or our licensors. All material and content contained within the ESPN STAR Sports website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and you acknowledge and agree that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content on the ESPN STAR Sports website is strictly prohibited.
* This Competition and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
* Each entrant is fully responsible for ensuring that his/her participation in the Competition is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which he or she is a citizen and/or resides, and/or happens to be at the time that the application is made. None of the Specified Companies, their servants or agents make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of the Competition or any entrant’s participation in a Competition.
* Any provision in these Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or otherwise unenforceable in any jurisdiction, is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining provisions in these Terms and Conditions nor affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.