Don’t miss the premiere of Chowder on Cartoon Network (Astro Channel 616), starting every Monday, 6th April at 7pm and you can win exclusive Chowder-licious merchandise! To win one of these great prizes, send in your creative slogan NOW!
Hurry and send in your most creative entry today! This contest ends 2nd May 2009 and is opened to all ACTIVE ASTRO FUN PACKAGE customers only.
In less than 20 words, tell us why you love watching Chowder.
Grand Prize x 15 Winners
* Chowder Goolicious Can (Limited Edition)
* Chowder Shopping bag (Limited Edition)
1st Runner Up Prize x 30 Winners
* Chowder Poster (Limited Edition)
Consolation Prize x 100 Winners
* Cartoon Network Bandage Sticker Sheet (Limited Edition)
DEADLINE: 2nd May 2009
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Contestant is required to:-
To complete 1 slogan and the best slogan will win.
In less than 20 words, tell us why you love watching Chowder.
Eligibility & Contest Period
• “Cartoon Network’s Chowder Tune-in and win contest” (“Contest”) shall be held from 6th April 2009 to 2nd May 2009 (“Contest Period”).
• The Contest will close at 11.59 pm on 2nd May 2009 or such other time that Astro shall decide from time to time. Entries received after the stipulated time will be ineligible to participate in the Contest and for the prize.
• Contest is open to all Malaysians who are between 7 to 15 years of age as at 2nd May 2009
• Employees of ASTRO ALL ASIA NETWORKS plc, MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn. Bhd. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Astro”), sponsors, agencies, dealers, retailers and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
• Contestants must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Contest. Astro considers it the responsibility of parents and/or guardian to monitor their children’s participation in this Contest.
• Astro may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Contest Period at any time without giving any prior notice. Contestants’ participation in the Contest during the extended period shall be governed by this Contest’s Terms and Conditions.
• Entries have to be submitted online via http://www.astro.com.my before 11.59pm on 2nd May 2009 to be eligible for the Contest.
• All entrants below the age of 18 must obtain permission from a parent or a legal guardian before entering this Contest. Astro and/or Cartoon Network reserves the right to invalidate entries or the prize winner(s) if the appropriate authorization is or was not provided.
1) Contestants are required to provide the following details with their Contest entries:
2) Full Name (as in NRIC);
3) New NRIC number; If any
4) Correspondence Address;
5) Astro Account number; and
6) Contact number (s) – Home, Office, Mobile Phone (at least one contact number must be furnished)
• Contestants shall bear their own Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges and all other related costs in submitting their Contest entries to Astro.
• The Contestant must ensure that their Contest entries are complete and accurate. Incomplete, illegible or late entries shall be disqualified.
• Entry by any person will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• Astro reserves the right to reject any registration and/or entry at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
• All Contest entries must be submitted in English. Contest entries in any other languages will be rejected by Astro.
• Only one entry per Contestant is allowed.
• All Contestants agree to assign all rights and interests including but not limited to copyright and all other intellectual property right of their appearance to Cartoon Network and/or Astro at no cost. All Contestants agree to co-operate with the publicity requirement of Cartoon Network and/or Astro and grant Cartoon Network and/or Astro the right, at no cost to Cartoon Network and/or Astro, to show, announce, feature, publicize on Cartoon Network and/or Astro and/or all other media all materials submitted by the entrants including their work, name, age, city of residence, likeness, other details and particulars and all footage recorded during the fulfillment or any other occasions throughout the fulfillment.
Selection of Winners
• Winners will be chosen based on the most creative answer given (based on 40% grammar, 30% creativity, 30% originality)
• Selection process will be conducted by Astro and its affiliates.
• There will be a total of 145 winners winning the following –
Grand Prize X 15 winners
Chowder Goolicious Can X 1
Chowder Shopping Bag X 1
1st Runner up prize X 30 winners
Chowder Poster x 1
Consolation prize X 100 winners
Cartoon Network Bandage Sticker
• The Judge’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained.
Notification of Contest Winners
• Contest winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone no later than 18th May 2009.
• Astro reserves the right to use any other method or medium Astro deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of announcing the Contest winners.
• Proof of mailing, faxing, or delivering (in any manner whatsoever) any details to Astro does not denote proof that Astro has received such details
• Astro reserves the right to forfeit prizes for any Contest winner who does not provide the required details upon receiving the request/notification from Astro.
• Astro reserves the right to appoint a third party to conduct the verification of Contest winners and to fulfill the delivery of prizes and Contestants agree that Astro may provide all necessary information of Contest winners to such third party to facilitate such service.
• Prizes will be fulfilled to all the winners within 60 days from the date of notification.
• Each Contest winner shall be entitled to one (1) prize only.
• In the event the winner is not able to receive, take up and/or utilize the prize as detailed for reasons not attributed to Astro, Astro reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Astro shall not arrange for another prize or compensation in kind.
• The winners agree to take up their prize by signing the appropriate release forms to be provided by Astro.
• The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available for the prize. In the unlikely event that the prize should become unavailable, Astro reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal monetary value.
• As far as is permitted by law Astro and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond Astro’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
• Astro reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
• Astro reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use the names, photographs, voice of the Contest winner(s) and entries of the Contest winner(s) without obtaining any consent from the Contest winner(s) or any payment whatsoever to the Contest winner(s) for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
Prize Giving Ceremony (if any)
• The winner is required to attend, at own cost and expense, a prize presentation ceremony to collect the prize. In the event, the winner is not able to attend the prize presentation ceremony, the winner must nominate a representative to be present at the prize presentation ceremony to accept the prize on his/her behalf. Astro reserves the right to use the winners or representatives’ names/photographs for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion at its sole and absolute discretion.
Variation to the Ts & Cs
• Astro reserves the rights to change, amend, delete or add to this Terms and Conditions of this Contest without prior notice at any time and the Contestants shall be bound to such changes.
• Astro shall not be responsible or liable for any costs, problems, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to the Contestants/winners resulting from their participation in the Contest/use of the prize.
• The winner undertakes and agrees to indemnify Astro on a full indemnity basis with respect to any claim, suit, or proceeding of whatsoever nature brought by any of the winner beneficiaries and/or third party(s) in respect of the acceptance and/or use of the prize.
• Astro will not be responsible or liable for:
1) any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and submitting the Contest entries on the Astro website as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the participating Internet Service Providers (ISP), mobile phone operators and/or by Astro and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Contest. In the event of such error, interruption and/or failure, Astro shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Contestant to participate in the Contest at any time.
2) any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any Contestant, or their authorized representatives resulting from their participation in the Contest.
3) any error (including error in notification of Contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
4) any changes made by the organizers or sponsors.
• Astro reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that it determines is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Contest Terms and Conditions and/or the Astro Website Use and Access Agreement. No correspondence shall be entertained.
• Astro further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Adherance to Contest Ts & Cs
• All Contestants shall be required to adhere to this Contest’s Terms and Conditions. Astro reserves the right to forfeit the prize(s) in the event any of the Contest Terms and Conditions is not adhered to.