TITLE: [FREE+ONLINE+LUCKY DRAW] ANIMAX ASIA – “BE PART OF ANIMAX HISTORY – MAKE A PLEDGE” CONTEST
DEADLINE: 25 June 2009 at 11:59pm Singapore time
TO ENTER: In order to enter the contest, each participant must follow the instructions provided on http://www.ipledgeanimax.com (the “Website”) within the contest period:
“Be part of Animax history, make an online pledge and spread the word to your friends by highlighting the statement “I’m watching Tears to Tiara and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on Animax now” on your social network profiles on April 6. All valid entries go into a lucky draw.”
The contest begins on 26 March 2009 at 12:00am Singapore time and ends on 25 June 2009 at 11:59pm Singapore time. All correct entries must be received no later than the deadline of 11:59 PM on such date in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing.
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: A designated representative of Animax will select twenty (20) Grand Prize winners and five (5) alternate winners from a random drawing to be held at the office of Animax in Singapore on or about 10:00 AM time on 26 June 2009. The decisions of Animax’s representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the contest. It is not necessary for participants to be present at the drawing to win.
GRAND PRIZES FOR PARTICIPANTS: Each of the Grand Prize winners will receive a set of Tears to Tiara t-shirts and posters, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood posters, t-shirts and lanyards, or another similar prize provided by Animax or another contest sponsor.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
1. Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Vietnam and other Asian countries where Animax is available.
2. Participants must be 16 years old or older as of 1 June 2009. For participants below 16 years old, please seek parental consent prior to participating in the contest.
3. Employees, agents, branches and promoters (including their immediate family members) of Animax, and its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the contest, are not permitted to participate in the contest.
4. Employees of SPE Networks – Asia and Sony Pictures Television International, a division of CPT Holdings Inc. (“Sony”), their advertising agencies, public relations consultants and their immediate families and any other party related to this Contest, are not entitled to participate in this Contest.
5. Animax is the sole promoter of this Contest.
6. Each person can only register and submit once per day per unique email address. Each person may win a maximum of one (1) Grand Prize only. In the event of dispute, only the entry submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry, will be deemed eligible for entering the contest. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. No purchase is necessary. Participants are responsible for all costs of contest entries, including taxes.
8. Animax and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of entries due to any problems caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced or postage-due entries. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
9. By sending an entry and therefore participating in the contest, each participant agrees to follow these Official Contest Rules and be bound by any decisions made by Animax, including any interpretations of these Official Contest Rules.
10. Each prize winner will be informed by telephone or email. Validated and confirmed winners will have sixty (60) days to collect their prizes. Each prize winner must confirm acceptance of their prize immediately with Animax. If Animax does not receive an answer from a prize winner within two (2) working days after initial contact is made by Animax, except when such period is extended pursuant to local law or Animax’s sole discretion, such prize winner will be disqualified. If a Prize winner is disqualified for this or any other reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Official Contest Rules, then the first alternate will receive such prize instead, as will each of the subsequent alternates until all prizes have been distributed. If a prize remains unclaimed, a second drawing will be conducted following procedures identical to the initial drawing. Animax and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives will use their best efforts to contact prize winners but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if prize winners cannot be reached by telephone, email or regular mail within the two (2) day period. Winners do not become official until all entries are validated. All decisions of Animax are final and irrevocable.
11. Animax and contest sponsors are responsible for all prizes listed above. No other parties, including without limitation, Sony Corporation of Japan, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, shall be responsible for any prizes.
12. Except for the prizes themselves, all other costs, including additional game software, options or upgrades, incidental costs and taxes, are the responsibility of each prize winner. Animax and contest sponsors do not cover any other costs.
13. Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged, and by no means will a cash equivalent be given. Only a prize winner and not any other person or agent, may claim a prize. Prize winner will need to present proof of identification to collect prize.
14. Animax has the right to substitute designated prizes with other prizes of similar or equal value in case it is necessary. Prizes may vary according to availability.
15. All prizes will be awarded pursuant to these Official Contest Rules. All taxes in connection with prizes are the sole responsibility of each prize winner, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
16. By entering into the contest and accepting a prize, prize winners waive the copyright and consent to Animax’s right to picture, tape or portray them as contest winners, and to exhibit this material in movies, radio, television or print media without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. Prize winners also consent to Animax’s right to use their name, voice or picture, or the content of their entries.
17. Participants release Animax and its respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation of Japan, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
18. Awarding of each Grand Prize shall be conditioned upon each Grand Prize winner signing an Indemnity and Release of Claims form provided by Animax, which shall release Animax of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by Animax may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
19. The chance to win is proportional to the number of total entries received.
20. The contest is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
21. Participants must be subscribers of Animax, during and through the date of the relevant drawing.
22. Please forward any questions or comments regarding the contest to the following address:
SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd.
10 Changi Business Park Central 2,