TITLE: [FREE+ONLINE+BLOG] Microsoft Technologies Sharing Contest
PRIZE: Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera
DEADLINE: 31st March 2009
Would you like to Win a Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera?
Here’s what you need to do…
Create and share through blogs or video blogs about Microsoft technologies showcased in TechNet MSDN Technology Summit in the most interesting way.
MSDN technical newsletter subscription at http://msdn.microsoft.com/ms-my/flash/default(en-us).aspx
TechNet technical newsletter subscription at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subs … 43196.aspx
Email your Name, Telephone Number and Email Address, together with the URL of your Blog / VideoBlog / Online Channel to email@example.com. Hurry! Contest ends 31st March 2009.
Terms and Conditions for the Microsoft Technologies Sharing Contest
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) BEFORE ENTERING THE MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGIES SHARING CONTEST (the “CONTEST”). THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND MICROSOFT (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD (“MICROSOFT”) ESTABLISHING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. This Contest is organized by Microsoft (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“Microsoft”). The Contest is open to anyone who blog/ video blog about Microsoft technologies showcased in TechNet MSDN Technology Summit, 15 January 2009. Only resident in Malaysia are eligible to participant.
2. Employees of Microsoft, its subsidiaries or affiliates, all agencies contracted by Microsoft and organizers of the Contest are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
3. Contestants must ensure that the content is available online until 30 April 2009. If the contestant did not publish the content until 30 April 2009 their eligibility will be eliminated
4. Prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash for whatever reason.
5. There will be one winner which is chosen from the best messaging about Microsoft technologies showcased in TechNet MSDN Technology Summit. Winners are judged based on the most creative way of promoting Microsoft TechNet MSDN Technology Summit .The winner will be announced on 15 April, 2009. Winners will be announced on the website and contacted through email and phone.
6. Microsoft makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to the prize and is not responsible nor liable for any problems and/or damage thereto or arising therefrom.
7. Where the prize under the Contest is item/good, this shall be subject to availability and may not be substituted for cash. Microsoft reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equivalent monetary value, without prior notice. In the event prize involves manufactured items, these shall be subject to manufacturer’s terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and Microsoft does not accept any responsibility for the same. In particular, prize are provided by Microsoft “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
8. Taxes and other levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority, as well as other costs including, insurance and incidental costs, that may be levied or incurred on the prize shall be fully borne by the winners.
9. All Contestants agree to have their names and blog site URLs used for promotional purposes at Microsoft’s sole discretion. The winner in this Contest agrees to have name and URL announced should Microsoft choose to do so after the Contest period is over.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Microsoft and its parent companies, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss, death or personal injury that may occur as a consequence of an individual’s participation in this Contest. Contestants undertake to indemnify and keep Microsoft and its parent companies, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to breach of any of these terms and conditions by Contestants and, or arising from the participation of the Contestants.
11. In the event of any dispute arising from this Contest or relating to the interpretation of these terms and conditions, the decision of Microsoft on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties.
13. Microsoft and the organizer do not warrant or represent (either directly or indirectly):
(a) that participation in and/or access to the whole or part(s) of the Contest, Contest materials, contents, information and/or functions contained therein will be provided uninterrupted, timely, secure and error-free.
(b) that no computer viruses shall be transmitted or that no damage shall occur to Contestant’s computer system as a result of any online activity of the Contest, if any.
14. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Internet is done at the Contestants’ own discretion and risk and that the Contestants will be solely responsible for any damage to the Contestants’ computer system or loss of data resulting from such download.
15. Microsoft does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use, validity, accuracy, or reliability of, or the results of the use of, or otherwise in respect of the materials on this site or any sites linked to this site.
16. The Contestants declare and warrant to Microsoft that in participating in the Contest, the Contestants shall not use any unauthorised or unlicensed software. Contestants found doing so shall be disqualified from the Contest.
17. Nothing in the Contest shall affect any intellectual property rights of Microsoft in any product or service, which may be the subject matter of the Contest.
18. The Contestants acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. Any persons found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Microsoft, will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Contest site (if any), participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of Microsoft’s websites or the Contest Site, attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use the Contestants’ personal information, or tampering with the entry process. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY OF MICROSOFT’S WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MICROSOFT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
19. Microsoft’s failure to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
20. Microsoft is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials or for registrations that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; including inability to access any website associated with the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
21. By entering the Contest, the Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Microsoft has the right to modify the terms and conditions contained herein and, or, withdraw or terminate the Contest at any stage without any liability towards anyone.
22. This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
23. If any terms and conditions above or part thereof is rendered void, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under the law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.