TITLE: [MMS+PHOTO] KLUE Magazine ‘MMS Project’ Contest
DEADLINE: 31 March 2009
MMS: Project is an online MMS photo gallery project with the aim of showing a unique view of the Klang Valley! With a theme that will change every month over the next three months, we have some great prizes in store for the best MMS pictures.
Every month, 10 pictures will be shortlisted in a gallery and you get to vote for the picture that you think is the best – the picture with the most votes will win the grand prize!
How would you capture the Klang Valley if it’s…
* a food heaven?
* a city that never sleeps?
* a colourfully rich melting pot of ethnicity?
Send us your most interesting snapshots via MMS now! Every month will carry a different theme. This month’s theme is food heaven. For more information about Maxis MMS, log on to maxis.com.my or call 1800-82-1123.
MMS: Project Terms & Conditions
1. The “KLUE Magazine ‘MMS Project’ Contest” (“Contest”) is open to all Maxis and Hotlink subscribers (“Subscribers”) of Maxis Mobile Services Sdn Bhd (“MMSSB”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maxis Communications Berhad (“Maxis”), who are:
1.1 residents of Malaysia; and
1.2 above the age of 18 years. Contestants below the age of 18 years must obtain parental/guardian consent to participate.
2. Employees of the MMSSB and the Maxis group of companies, their associated agencies, dealers, distributors, sponsors and immediate families are not allowed to participate in this Contest.
3. The Contest runs from 1 January 2009 to 31 March 2009 (“Contest Period”).
4. Each monthly Contest Period will start at 12:00am and will end at 11.59pm.
5. The winners will be selected based on the creativity of the MMS (picture and caption) (“MMS”) during each Contest Period;
6. Proof of MMS sent by Subscriber does not denote proof that MMSSB received the MMS. Subscribers must ensure that their MMS entries are complete and accurate. Incomplete, illegible or late MMS entries shall be disqualified. MMSSB shall not be responsible or liable for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, delayed, corrupted, duplicated or otherwise not in compliance with these terms and conditions. Sending of, including but not limited to, poor quality, blurry and unclear MMS’ are discouraged and MMSSB shall not be held responsible or liable for any poor quality images of the MMS’ sent by any Subscriber.
7. The Subscriber hereby agrees that his/her MMS (picture and caption) entry in this Contest is original and shall not contain anything which is an infringement of intellectual property rights of another party, including but not limited to copyright, trademarks or service marks, or which is or is not calculated to bring MMSSB into disrepute or breach of contract or duty of confidence or which is defamatory or in contempt of court or calculated to bring or brings MMSSB into disrepute.
8. 1 Grand Prize winner shall be selected to win a Sony Ericsson W760i, 2 2nd runner up winners shall be selected to each receive a Motorola W660i and 4 consolation prize winners shall be selected to each receive a 1GB Pen Drive.
9. Each Subscriber is only eligible to win a maximum of 1 prize during the entire Contest Period.
10. The winners will be contacted via their mobile phones. Participants are encouraged to keep their mobile phones activated during this period. In the event a particular winner is uncontactable after attempting to do so for 3 consecutive days, that winner will automatically be disqualified and the next qualified Subscriber will be selected.
11. By participating in the Contest, the participant expressly consents for his particulars to be posted on KLUE Magazine or any other medium as seen fit for purposes of announcing the winners.
12. Results once announced are final. Disputes or appeals will not be entertained.
13. Prizes must be collected within 14 days from the date of notification and thereafter, unclaimed prizes will be dealt with according to legislative requirements. It will be the responsibility of each winner to collect his or her prize.
14. If a specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, MMSSB may at its discretion, without notice, substitute a similar prize or one of equivalent value and all prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
15. Prizes may only be collected upon verification of the winners’ Identity Card (NRIC) number and their mobile phone number.
16. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received.
17. All prizes are used/taken entirely at the risk of the winner at all times and MMSSB excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize within the stipulated time, they waive, forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of MMSSB subject to legislative requirements. MMSSB shall not be held responsible or liable to the participant in the event the participant chooses not to accept a prize within the stipulated time.
18. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to MMSSB and its agencies to use the winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation and notice, unless prohibited by law.
19. MMSSB reserves the right to, at any time, change any aspect of the Contest (including the prizes, discontinuing or changing the dates and/or time frame of the Contest) or any part of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
20. MMSSB, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by MMSSB.
21. MMSSB reserves the right to, at anytime, vary, add or amend any of the terms and condition of this contest (including the prizes, discontinuing or changing the dates and/or time frame of the contest) or any part of these terms and conditions without prior notice.
22. MMSSB further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend, delay or shorten the period of the contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
23. MMSSB shall not be liable to the Subscribers or any other party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by a Subscriber as a result of participation or non-participation in the Contest or as a result of any act or omission on the part of MMSSB.
24. Subscriber shall indemnify MMSSB for any damages in respect of any claims by any third party in respect of the Contest including without limitation any claims in relation to the originality of the entry(ies) of the MMS (picture and caption) submitted.
25. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the rules, regulations and methods of participation of the Contest, which are set out in KLUE Magazine shall bind all contestants in their participation in the Contest. Failure to comply with the said rules, regulations, instructions or methods will result in the participant being disqualified.