TITLE: [PHOTOGRAPHY+PARTICIPATE] KL Photo Awards 2009
Main prize USD 3,000 / Trophy
2 x Runner Up prizes
USD 1,500 / USD 750 / Trophy
Main Prize USD 1,500 / Trophy
2 x Runner Up prizes
USD 750 / USD 375 / Trophy
All finalists will receive an Exhibition catalogue and the exhibition print framed of their winning entries
Portraits of 40 selected finalists will be displayed at the Official Awards Ceremony and Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur
All finalists images will be included in a catalogue accompanying the Exhibition
DEADLINE: 1 March 2009
HOW TO ENTER
Entries must be submitted online only through the Time Out KL website, by the closing date following a simple payment process.
For Non-Credit Card holders, see below :
ENTRY FEES :
Professional Category USD 15.00 per image
Non Professional Category USD 7.50 per image
Each entrant may submit up to six (6) images
Preparation of images for submission :
i. Exactly 900 pixels on the height dimension and not more than 250kb per image file. Please verify your file size. Please DO NOT upload files straight from your camera, they will be too large. Reduce it to a maximum of 250kb each with an image editing program.
ii. Files to be saved as jpeg, compression High / Adobe Photoshop quality 8 and above
iii. Files must follow the naming sequence :
aaaaa is your last name;
bbbb is your initials;
nn is the number of the entry, up to 5 images per entrant.
e.g. John Smith, 3 entries :
iv. Images must NOT contain any of the following: film borders, rebates or key line of any kind, entrant’s names or initials, watermarks or copyright symbols
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT:
a. Submit the requisite entry fee via our secure online payment system by credit card via the above PAYMENT link within Time Out KL ‘s website
Upon payment you will be directed to the REGISTRATION FORM & UPLOAD pages. Please make a note of your payment approval code which you will need.
PROCEDURE FOR MANUAL NON-CREDIT CARD PAYMENT:
(A valid email address is required)
a. Entrant makes payment by direct bank transfer/bank-in into the provided account below.
b. Entrant faxes or emails a copy of the banking slip to Mongoose Publishing with the following required details, with the subject header KLPHOTOAWARDS ENTRY :
Date of Birth
No. of Images
c. Time Out KL will confirm the amount in their account, and you will receive an email with your unique User Name and Password. This will normally take 2 and 3 working days for cash and cheque deposits, respectively.
d. The Photo Contest User account is then created to upload your photo/s online.
Beneficiary Name: MONGOOSE PUBLISHING SDN BHD
SUITE 33.04, LEVEL 33, MENARA AMBANK
NO 8, JALAN YAP KWAN SENG
50450 KUALA LUMPUR
Tel : + 603 2166 6650
Fax : + 603 2166 6651
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Number: 5144 9530 5856
Swift Code : MBBEMYKL
Bank Name: MALAYAN BANKING BERHAD
LOT C 21 – C,
SURIA KLCC KUALA LUMPUR CITY CENTRE
50088 KUALA LUMPUR
b. Register personal details online via the REGISTRATION FORM
c. Submit images by uploading via the REGISTRATION FORM to the pre-determined file size and dimensions (see above i ~ iv)
d. You will also be given a user ID and password which will enable you to upload your entries on a secure site.
e. You will be directed to a Thank You page upon a successful upload.
v. All photographs must have been taken in 2008/9, proof of this may be required for finalists
vi. The entrant must warrant to the organisers that they own the work submitted, that the whole copyright in the work is vested in them or, if the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, that the photographer has the right to submit the work free from encumbrances or restrictions and that if the work was commissioned for private and domestic purposes it is submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it
vii. The entrant must warrant that, if their work is selected for exhibition, they have obtained the appropriate model releases from persons featured in their submitted photographs for all sales, marketing, educational and publicity uses and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work. Entries will be disqualified if any of the above criteria are not adhered to. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into
viii. Employees of Time Out KL and sponsors may not enter the KL Photo Awards 2009
ix. Please read and accept the rules of the competition
1. Photographers :
* must have been 16 years of age or over on 1st March 2009
* may submit up to six (6) images
* must complete the Entry Form with their name, address, daytime telephone, email address and title of work (indicating if it is part of a series if appropriate)
* must pay the appropriate fee/s as follows
Professional category :
USD 15.00 for one photograph
USD 7.50 for one photograph
* The term ‘Professional’ means the entrant earns part or all of his/her income from photographic activities, or is a full time professional artist
* ‘Non-Professional’ means students, enthusiasts or keen hobbyists.
* Fees are payable by Credit Card before submitting the images online . Entry fees are non-refundable. The payment site is an encrypted secured site. Non credit card payment is now accepted. See Enter page.
* The organisers of the KL Photo Awards are explorenation.net in association with Time Out KL.
* The sponsor is amarin.com.my
* warrant to the organisers that they own the work submitted, that the whole copyright in the work is vested in them or, if the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, that the photographer has the right to submit the work free from encumbrances or restrictions and that if the work was commissioned for private and domestic purposes it is submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it.
* warrant that, if their work is selected for exhibition, they have obtained the appropriate model releases from persons featured in their submitted photographs for all sales, marketing, educational and publicity uses and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
* agree that their work may be exhibited by the organisers at an appropriate venue, and subsequently at any other exhibition tour venues organised by them for 2 years from the close of the contest.
* agree that the organisers may reproduce and or license the reproduction of any entries featured in the exhibition without any payment to the photographer, model or any third party for any sales, marketing, educational and publicity use on, and in, all media worldwide including catalogues, posters, postcards, the Internet and within a television documentary related to the exhibition for 2 years from the close of the contest. However, such free use shall only be in connection with the KL Photo Awards and its promotion, and the photographer, and if appropriate the agency, will receive credit for such use.
* the photographer retains the copyright of all submitted images at all times, except in relation to the previous provision, that is, any free use shall only be in connection with the KL Photo Awards and the photographer, and if appropriate the agency, will receive credit for such use.
2. Photographs :
* must be portraits. ‘Portrait’ may be interpreted in its widest sense, in relation to ‘photography concerned with portraying people with emphasis on their identity as individuals in relation to their surroundings, status and humanity’
* Commercial and advertising images, digitally altered, manipulated, or montaged images are not permissable. Basic darkroom techniques eg. levels, curves, dodging, burning, minimal sharpening, colour correction are permissable.
* must have been taken after in 2008/2009. Photographers must, if required, show proof of the date on which the photograph was taken.
* can be black and white or colour.
* must follow the guidelines in ENTER strictly.
3. The decision of the judges is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into. The judges reserve the right to vary the awards or not to make any award.
4. Opening Date for Entries : 0100 hours Saturday 1st November 2008
5. Closing Date for Entries : 1200 hours Sunday 1st March 2009
6. Winning Photographers will be notified of the judges’ decision by email or by post by Saturday, 14 March 2009. A Finalists list will be available on the website from this date.
7. Exhibited photographs :
* Notified finalists will be required to submit high resolution image files by post on CD-ROMS by Tuesday 31 March 2009. Image files not received by this date, or does not conform to the required output quality will be disqualified.
* High resolution files must be at least 3,000 to 4000 pixels at the shortest dimension, (approx. 16” x 20” size), and must be of exhibition quality.
* Files may be interpolated upwards in a photo editing software to the required dimensions, but image quality must be maintained.
* The organisers will prepare, print and mount all photographs from the finalists for exhibition. The copyright belongs to the photographer subject to the Rules in Paragraph 1 above. All finalists must collect their exhibitied photographs after the organisers have completed the exhibition. Photographs not collected within 2 weeks of the exhibition closing will be destroyed.
* The Category Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony and exhibition. This will take place on Thursday 7 May 2009 at The Annexe, Central Market, Kuala Lumpur.
8. The sponsor, the exhibition venues or the organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether or not caused by their negligence
9. Entrants whose credit cards payments are refused or cannot be processed will be disqualified. For further information :
contact : KL Photo Awards 2009
email : email@example.com