TITLE: Astro Battle Of The Brains Contest
DEADLINE: The closing date and time for online registration at http://www.astro.com.my are:
o PMR examination – 18 September 2008, 23.59 hours (11.59pm)
o SPM examination – 16 October 2008, 23.59 hours (11.59pm)
UPSR IS OVER.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN WHO ARE ABOUT TO FACE SPM AND PMR?
ARE THEY PREPARED?
Its time to register your child for PMR and SPM Battle of The Brains 2008.
Test your child now.
Last year, over 10,000 students participated in the event!. They had won their battle.
THE BATTLE FOR PMR AND SPM 2008 WILL START SOON.
BE READY FOR THE HOTTEST ONLINE COMPETITION OF THE YEAR
This contest is open to:
Students who will be sitting for the 2008 PMR and SPM
* Free for Tutor Online and ASTRO Subscribers*
To register for the contest, please fill in the form below.
FREE registration is limited to 4 entries per Astro account (2 names for PMR and 2 names for SPM)
If you wish to register more participants, please go to http://bob.tutor.com.my and register online for the BOB 2008 contest. Utusan Malaysia will charge a small fee of RM47 per extra participant.
FEEL THE SPIRIT OF THE BATTLE OF THE BRAINS.
GET PREPARED FOR PMR AND SPM IN A FUN WAY
The battle begins on the 20th September 2008 for PMR and 18th October 2008 for SPM.
Closing Date for PMR is 18th September 2008 and for SPM is on 16th October 2008.Plus, if you register your children today we will give you free access to Tutor Online Learning Package until the 28th of September 2008 for PMR and 26th of October 2008 for SPM. Your children will need it to prepare themselves for the Battle of the Brains. It’s a fun way to excel in exams.
* Subject to Terms and Conditions.
To register your child, please do the following:-
1. Please enter your IC Number (as per Astro bill) and your Astro Account Number in the appropriate fields and click the Validate button to submit your information.
2. Once your account has been validated. You will be able to register the name of the first child participant for Battle of the Brains. Please select if you抮e registering the child for either PMR or SPM.
3. You will need to enter the following items to register this participant. a. Battle of the Brains Participant’s Name (as per IC): b. E-mail Address: (one email address for one participant only)
4. A unique User ID* and Password* will be sent to the email you抳e used to register your child.)
5. Click submit.
* Please retain this important email once you抳e received it as it is needed for your child to participate in Battle of the Brains. Please also ensure your email inbox is not full and the email is easily accessible.
One Astro account entitles you to register 2 [two] participants for PMR and 2 [two] participants for SPM. To register the consecutive Battle of the Brains participant, please return to this registration page and enter necessary information.
Once registered with Astro, you should receive a validation email within 3 working days.
To validate your information with Tutor please follow instructions below.
1. Go to http://www.tutor.com.my. Enter your Username and Password. Click on Login.
2. Click on access package
3. Click on Online Exam
4. Click on the paper
5. Enter your username and password
6. Click on Updates
7. An email will be sent to you. If you accidently closed the Battle of the Brains browser, click on the link in the email to continue answering the paper
Battle of the Brains 2008 PMR and SPM- (“Contest”)
Rules & Regulations of the Contest
1. This Contest is organized by Perfisio Solutions Sdn. Bhd. (“the Organizer”) and Measat Broadcast Network Systems (ASTRO) is collaborating with the Organizer for this Contest;
2. The Contest is open to all Form 3 and Form 5 students who are sitting for the Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR) and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) respectively for the year 2008.
3. Participation in the Contest is free for “Tutor Online” website subscribers and for the Astro television subscribers (“ASTRO Subscribers”).
4. Participation and registration in the Contest can only be done through online registration and ASTRO Subscribers must register his/her participants (“Astro Participants”) for the Contest at http://www.astro.com.my (“Astro website”) by filing in the online application form at http://www.astro.com.my/astrolife/events/botb For avoidance of doubt, for purposes of this Contest, the Astro website is merely to facilitate the registration process for its subscribers only to enable them to enter and register the Astro Participants for the Contest and at all times, the Contest shall be run and operated from the Organizer’s website (hereinafter defined).
5. ASTRO Subscribers must have an authorized and active Astro subscription account and an ASTRO Subscriber shall only be allowed to register up to two (2) Astro Participants per account for this Contest.
6. ASTRO Subscribers agree that by accepting these Rules and Regulations of this Contest and subsequently by registering the Astro Participants for this Contest, the ASTRO Subscriber represents and warrants that the Astro Participants have the right, authority and capacity to use his/her subscription account number to enter into the Contest and that the Astro Participations are qualified to enter into this Contest and shall abide by all of the terms and conditions of the Contest.
7. ASTRO Subscribers agree that he/she has given parental and/or guardian approval to the Astro Participants whom they have registered to participate in this Contest. ASTRO considers it the responsibility of ASTRO Subscribers as parents and/or guardian to monitor the Astro Participants’ use of the websites specifically involved for this Contest as well as their participation through out the Contest.
8. ASTRO shall have the sole discretion to determine the eligibility of the Astro Participants who are registered by an ASTRO Subscriber to enter into the Contest and ASTRO shall have the right to reject any entry by an ASTRO subscriber for this Contest for any reason whatsoever.
9. ASTRO Subscribers agree that once ASTRO has determined that the registered Astro Participants are qualified to enter into the Contest:
1. ASTRO shall forward the Contest application forms of the selected Astro Participants to the Organizer who shall provide the links and information to the Astro Participants in order to access its websites at “http://registration.tutor.com.my” and “http://registration.tutor.com.my/bob” (collectively “Organizer’s website”) where the latter is the website that runs the Contest’s online PMR and SPM exams and the Organizer shall from then onwards be solely responsible for the Astro Participants’ participation in the Contest;
3. ASTRO Subscribers agree that any dealings with the Organizer or its website in relation to the Astro Participants’ participation in the Contest and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the Astro Participants and the Organizer. ASTRO Subscribers agree that ASTRO shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the Contest or the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on the Organizer’s website;
4. In the event the Astro website contains any linked websites needed for purposes of the Contest, the Astro Subscriber agrees that the linked websites are necessary for ASTRO to provide the services for the Contest. Such links are provided to the Astro Subscriber only as a convenience and ASTRO shall not be responsible for the content contained in the linked website or if the linked website is not working appropriately; and
5. Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) over the Organizer’s website or the linked websites [as per clause 9(d) above and/or any of the Organizer’s subsidiaries’ related websites] or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between the Astro Participants and the advertiser, merchant or other third party. Astro Subscribers agree that ASTRO shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through the Organizer’s website or other such website or resource. The purchase of any product or service from a merchant from the Organizer’s website or a linked website is a transaction solely between the Astro Participants and that merchant, and any question or dispute the Astro Subscriber may have regarding any such product or service should be addressed directly to the responsible merchant. Astro has no responsibility or liability for any merchant or your relationship with such merchant.
10. Astro Participants must access the Organizer’s website punctually at the time set forth for the Contest by the Organizer.
11. There shall be NO extra time allocated to answer the online exam questions for the Contest.
12. Astro Participants shall not be allowed to re-sit / repeat any of the online exams as specified by the Organizer.
13.The Organiser shall not be liable to any disruption to the Astro Participants’ internet connection, computer or operating system and application, and Astro’s Participants shall ensure that their internet connectivity, computer, operating system and applications are in working condition before participating in the Contest.
14. The Organiser has the right to re-schedule the Contest as and when it deems necessary with prior notice to the Astro Participants via announcements in the Organiser’s website, Astro website and email.
15. By participating in the Contest, Astro Participants agree to receive promotional or marketing materials from the Organiser and/or ASTRO.
16. Astro Participants acknowledge and agree to grant the Organiser and/or ASTRO the right but not the obligation to use and publish the Contest winners’ name, photos, statements, testimonials and interview materials in printed and electronic media without any commercial rewards.
17. Astro Participants acknowledge and agree to release and hold harmless the Organiser and their respective affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liabilities for any injuries, lost or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest.
18. The checking and marking of the exam answers shall be carried out by the Organizer’s pre-determined system. The decision by the Organiser is final. No appeals, claims, enquiries and dissatisfaction will be entertained.
19. The Organiser has the sole discretion and right to change and amend the Rules and Regulations of the Contest at anytime without prior notification to the Astro Participants and in such a case, ASTRO shall be under no obligation to reflect such a change(s) in its website hereunder and/or to inform its Astro Participants.
20. DISCLAIMER: THE ORGANISER HAS THE RIGHTS TO CHANGE ANY OF ITS WEBSITE CONTENT ANYTIME OR DEEMED REASONABLE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. IT IS THE OBLIGATION OF THE ASTRO PARTICIPANTS TO BE AWARE OF THE CHANGES. THE ORGANISER WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY (A) TECHNICAL ERRORS, GLICTHES AND PROBLEMS OR DAMAGED ENTRIES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE ORGANISER OR (B) ANY PRINTING OR TYPHOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST.