TITLE: [RANK+EARLY BIRD] The Star Online Eight Wonders Rank & Win Contest
PRIZE: Week 1 Prizes
Giant cash vouchers worth RM2,800 x 8 winners
Closing Date: 6pm, 14th August 2008
Week 1: 9th – 14th August 2008
DEADLINE: The contest will run for 8 consecutive weeks, from 9th August to 2nd October 2008
Rank your way to 8 exciting prizes each week!
How to participate
Refer to The Star newspaper for the list of 8 items.
Rank the 8 items for the week, from 1 (most preferred) to 8 (least preferred).
Click on the “Submit” button to submit your entry. You may submit a maximum of 8 entries each week. It’s that easy!
If you are one of the first 8 contestants with the ranking that matches the overall popular
vote of the contestants, you WIN!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open to all Malaysian residents aged 12 years and above, except employees of Star Publications (M) Berhad and their immediate family members.
2. The contest will run for 8 consecutive weeks, from 9th August to 2nd October 2008.
3. To participate in the contest or qualify for a prize, a contestant must be a registered MyStar user and provide valid personal particulars as required for the contest. All entries must be submitted online.
4. Entries with false or incomplete information, and entries received after the closing date will be disqualified.
5. Contestants may submit a maximum of eight (8) entries each week. If more than 8 entries are submitted, only the first 8 entries will be accepted.
6. The first eight (8) contestants with the ranking that matches or is closest to the overall popular vote of the contestants for the week will win.
7. Each contestant is eligible to win only one prize each week.
8. The names of the winners will be published in The Star and Star Online, and winners will be notified by post.
9. All entries and their contents become the property of the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to publish the results and/or winning entries, and the names and photographs of winners.
10. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and must be collected within one month from the announcement of the results, after which they will be forfeited.
11. The Organiser will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury arising from the use of the prizes.
12. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prizes at any time without assigning any cause or reason thereof.
13. The judges’ decision in all matters pertaining to the contest are final and binding. No correspondence, request or appeal will be entertained.
14. By participating in this contest, contestants are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the Rules and Regulations stipulated herein and will abide by all decisions made by the Organiser.
Big prizes await contest winners
PETALING JAYA: Eight 42-inch LG televisions and eight Champagne Gold Home Theatres worth a total of RM62,384 await the winners of The Star 8 Wonders Rank & Win contest.
Other prices in the contest launched yesterday include shopping coupons from Giant worth a total of RM48,000, 2.8 million BonusLink points and cash prizes amounting to RM31,168.
The contest will run for eight weeks from Aug 9 to Oct 2 in The Star.
During the contest period, a list of eight items will be published each week in StarTwo (Mondays to Thursdays), Weekender (Saturdays) and StarMag (Sundays).
Contest partners: (From left) Paramesvaran, Yeoh, Goon, Ho and Kan checking out the contest website after the sponsorship presentation in Petaling Jaya yesterday.
Participants are required to rank the eight items according to their favourite and submit their entries online. The entry that matches the favourites voted by the majority wins.
To participate, readers need to register as MyStar members and may submit up to eight entries each week.
The contest is organised by The Star in collaboration with the 8 Wonders partners: Giant, LG Electronics and BonusLink.
Present at the sponsorship presentation ceremony yesterday were The Star managing editor David Yeoh, Star Publications (M) Berhad advertising and business promotions general manager Calvin Kan, BonusKad Loyalty Sdn Bhd general manager Victor Goon, GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Giant) marketing director Ho Mun Hao and LG Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd marketing director R. Paramesvaran.
For contest details, read The Star or see contests.thestar.com.my/888.