DEADLINE: 31 August 2008
Terms & Conditions: Samsung Pure Life Photo Contest
All participants in the Samsung Pure Life Photo Contest are bound by the following terms and conditions:
* This contest is open to all persons except employees of Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd and authorized agencies, and immediate family members of such employees
* There is no entry or participation fee
* This contest is open to Malaysians and non-Malaysians residing in Malaysia
* Photos shot from a digital camera or mobile phone is allowed
* Colour or Black & White photos are acceptable
* The size of each photo must not exceed 2MB
* Each photo entry should include the date it was shot
* A short caption of the photo is mandatory
* Participants may submit multiple photos as long as each photo tells a different story.
* The Organizer reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entry which does not comply with any terms and conditions of this Contest stipulated herein.
* The Organizer reserves the right to not publish and / or disqualify an entry that is deemed unsuitable
* No digital super-imposition is allowed. Only minor photo touch-up such as cropping, adjustment of brightness and colour as well as softening or sharpening the images are allowed. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify entries that have undergone modifications, e.g. cut & paste and adding in non-original elements onto the participating photo
* All entries shall become the property of the Organizer and will not be returned
* The Organizer reserves the right to use these photographs in any media of publicity they deem fit
* Each participant warrants and undertakes to the Organizer that he or she is the author of the photographs and accompanying caption submitted as his or her entry to the contest and that nothing in the entry shall infringe any right of intellectual property or any other nature of any person or be obscene, blasphemous, libelous or defamatory. Each participant hereby assigns to the Organizer all intellectual property rights in and to the entry to which the Organizer is now or may at any time in the future be entitled by virtue of any law in force in any part of the world including all renewals, reversions and extensions. To the extent permissible by law, each participant waives all moral rights or rights to be named as author in relation to the entry or any part thereof. Each participant shall, if required by the Organizer, sign such documents and do such acts as shall reasonably be necessary vest in the Organizer the said intellectual property rights, and perfect the above assignment and waiver
Online Submission & The Internet
* All entries must be submitted online by logging on and uploading to the contest site in
* Ease of uploading of photos to the site will depend on internet speed and other factors. The Organizer will not be responsible for failure to upload. Participants are encouraged to visit http://www.samsung.com/my/purerliving
to ensure photos are uploaded
* There will be a time gap between uploading of photos and their publishing in the sites to allow censorship by the Organizer
* In the event of multiple entries and low internet speed, participants are advised to upload one photo per submission
* Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt. The Organizer will not be responsible for any non receipt of entries
* All entries must be submitted and received by 31 August 2008. All contest winners will be selected by 10 September 2008 and announced on http://www.samsung.com/my/purerliving
website by 16 October 2008.
* All personal particulars must be true, complete, accurate and up-to-date. Entries that do not meet this requirement will be automatically disqualified.
* Contest winners will also be notified by email or contacted by phone at the email address or telephone number respectively indicated in their entry. An announcement of the winners will also be made on the sites.
Winner Announcement & Prizes
* All winners will be notified within 3 days after the date Contest result being announced by the judges by email or telephone. An announcement of the winners will also be made on the sites.
* All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or benefit-in-kind kind and are not inclusive of taxes and/or foreign duties (if any) and other related expenses, all of which are the sole responsibility of the winners
* All prizes are subjected to availability of stock as at the date the result of the Contest being announced. The organizer may substitute any of the prizes with other Samsung models / items of similar value in the event of non availability of stock.
* Participants further agree to participate in, at participants’ own expense, prize presentation ceremonies and all other publicity events in Malaysia or elsewhere in relation to the contest, without payment or compensation. In addition, to be eligible for the prizes, all winners shall sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, publicity release giving the Organizer and/or its advertising and promotion agencies permission to use his or her name, picture, image and voice for publicity purposes connected with this promotion without payment or compensation. Failure to provide such documents to the Organizer, duly signed or to comply with any term and conditions therein shall result in disqualification or ineligibility for prizes
* The decision of the judges on all matters relating to the contest, including but not limited to the eligibility of any entry, the selection of any winners or the award, forfeiture of any prize is final and conclusive. No further correspondence shall be entertained
* The Organizer reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion and without prior notice to participants:
i. To cancel or modify the contest;
ii. To make changes to these terms and conditions, whereupon all participants shall be bound by the terms and conditions as varied by the Organizer; and/or
iii. To substitute, withdraw or cancel any prize without disclosing any reason whatsoever and without any payment or compensation whatsoever
* The Organizing Committee and judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry / entries which are not in compliance to this contest Terms & Conditions or otherwise
* The Organizer will attempt to notify each Winner by email or telephone. An announcement of the winners will also be made on the sites. The Organizer will not be responsible if the Winner cannot be contacted during the stipulated dates prior to the prize delivery period to the correspondences address indicated in the entry
* By entering the contest, participants consent to the public disclosure by the Organizer of their names and identification/passport numbers, and the reproduction, adaptation and publication by the Organizer of all or any part of the photographs submitted or such adaptations thereof. Participants agree that the Organizer is not required to use any statements or photographs submitted
* The Organizer and its representative offices, authorized agencies and sponsors, and the directors, officers, employees and assignees thereof (individually and collectively the “Organizer”) shall not be liable for any claims, damages, losses, injury or inconvenience arising out of or in connection with the contest, any entry to the contest or any prize, including without limitation any loss or disqualification of any entry and any delay in, or failure or omission to provide the contest or any prize.
* Each participant (including his or her heirs, executors and / or administrators) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Organizer harmless from and against any and all claims, losses or damage arising out of or in connection with the contest, any prize or any breach of any obligation or warranty set out these terms and conditions and hereby releases and discharges the Organizer from any and all such claims, losses and damage.
* These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and all participants and winners submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysia Courts in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith
* Where a summary of these terms and conditions are prepared (“Summary”) and in the event that the Summary conflicts with the provisions herein, the provisions herein shall govern to the exclusion of those provisions found in the Summary