PRIZE: The best 3 post will win an iPod Nano 4GB each
DEADLINE: 31 July 2008
Hi Advertlets bloggers! We are organizing a Cybersecurity Awareness contest to address the growing needs of IT security knowledge. In this contest, we are glad to have EC-Council Academy to sponsor 3 iPod Nanos to be awarded to the three best bloggers who write a blog post on the topic below: Joining is simple – just write a blog post, and the best 3 post will win an iPod Nano each!
(HAPPY UPDATE: Since we’ve gotten such a good response so far, the iPod Nanos are no longer 2GB ones We’re gonna give away 4GB iPod Nanos!)
The blog post should be on the following topic: Have you or anyone you know been hacked before or what hacking incidents have your heard of, and how has it impacted you?
No one is spared from hackers these days. Not even Hongkiat, or more 400 Malaysian Bloggers, or even Paris Hilton!.
Hacking not only comes in the form of website or blog defacements, but also as spam, unwanted emails with viruses, Trojans, SQL Injections, Social Engineering just to name a few. Share with us your experience if you’ve been hacked before, or what hacking incidents you’ve heard of and how it has impacted you – in the way you use the internet and the countermeasures you adopted.
UPDATE: Thanks for your feeedback, here are some tips. Cybersecurity is a wide term, and this should make it a bit clearer on what kind of issues are involved: First off, are you using any of the Top 10 Popular Passwords
that everyone and anyone can guess? You could write on how Trojans Plaguing File
Sharing Networks will affect the way you share files ;
Or, what you think about Personal
Data Privacy ; or how impressed you are with the Types of Computer Security Threats there are (have you heard of bacterium, by the way?)…and even if
you are a non-believer of online transactions you could also be subject to
Stealing ;. Hope this gives you some ideas!
Write a post about the above topic and your post MUST include the link Complimentary Workshop on Cybersecurity You are encouraged to include your own stories / experience and relevant images in your post. After you have written the post, submit the write up & link to your post to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Cybersecurity Awareness Contest”.
Terms & Conditions
1. This contest is organized by Advertlets. Only bloggers which are registered Advertlets members in Malaysia or Singapore and are actively displaying Advertlets ads can take part in this contest.
2. Entries are limited to one entry per Blogger, per blog. Your post must remain active throughout the duration of the contest in order to win, and remain in your blog archive.
3. All eligible entries will be judged and ranked by Advertlets at our sole discretion, and the winner(s) will be selected based on the creativity and quality of the post.
4. The judges decision is final and no appeal will be entertained.
5. The winner(s) will be awarded the prize detailed in the announcement.
6. All prizes are subject to the terms and condition contained herein. There will be no cash alternatives.
7. ELIGIBILITY OF POST – Contest entry is through a post written on your blog(s). You may submit more than one entry. After you have written the post, submit the write up & link to your post to email@example.com
with the subject “Cybersecurity Awareness Contest”. Your entry MUST contain the specified link.
8. You are encouraged to include your own stories / experience and relevant images in your post.
9. CONTEST PRIZES – Three (3) iPod Nano 4GB will be given away to the three winners, one per winner. If the prizes are not available, EC-Council Academy reserves the right to substitute the prizes with another of equal value.
10. CLOSING DATE – Contest ends on 11:59PM, 31st July 2008. Submission later than this date and time will not be entertained.
11. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S) –Three (3) winners will be notified via email or telephone by 15th August 2008. Inability to contact the potential winner by either e-mail or telephone will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
12. LICENSE TO PUBLISH SUBMISSION – By submitting an entry and entering this Contest, you hereby grant EC-Council Academy a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free right to use, test, translate, publish and distribute your entry in connection with any marketing promotion of EC-Council Academy.
13. APPLICABLE LAW – This terms and conditions is governed by the laws of Malaysia
14. PRIVACY – We will not pass your personal details to any other organization without your permission except for the purpose of running of the contest which you have entered.