DEADLINE: 30 April 2008
Terms & Conditions
1. “The Environment & I” – Essay & Photo Contest commences from 1st April 2008 until 30th April 2008 and is open to all primary schools students.
2. All entries must be received by Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd within the contest period, latest by 30 April 2008.
3. Employees of Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd, agencies, suppliers, and their immediate families are not allowed to participate.
4. Participants must complete registration details to qualify for the contest prizes. Incomplete registrations will not be eligible for the contest prizes.
5. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries.
6. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
7. All winners will be notified by an appointed representative or agency of Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd via phone or mail.
8. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd is not responsible for any contest prize notification that is undelivered due to incorrect or incomplete contact details, and in such an event, the prize will be forfeited.
9. Contest prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
10. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd reserves the right to change or substitute the contest prize with another of equivalent value in place of the advertised prize if that is not available.
11. Contest prizes will be presented during a prize giving ceremony or delivered to your mailing address. Parents or next of kin can attend on behalf of the winner to collect the prize, by showing proof via winner’s birth certificate or NRIC.
12. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd reserves the right to publish or display materials of the winners at anytime for advertising and publicity purposes relating to the contest.
13. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any of the contest prizes or during the course of the competition.
14. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd retains the right to reject any entry without providing any notice or reason in advance.
15. Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd reserves the sole and absolute right to alter or terminate this contest or any part thereof without giving any prior notice, and no compensation in cash or in kind shall be given.
‘The Environment and I’ essay and photo contest
March 28, 2008 10:38 AM Author: Chips
Honda Malaysia is running an essay and photo contest for all primary school students in Malaysia with ‘The Environment and I” as the theme. The contest is part of the company’s effort to increase awareness and build understanding on environment conservation and extinction, especially amongst primary school students.
In submitting entries, students are encouraged to share their ideas on how to save the environment that they can practice in their daily lives. The essay must be between 400-800 words, can be in either Malay or English language, and should be focused on the environment and its impact on animals. Each essay submission must be accompanied by a 4R-size photo (with caption) on an activity undertaken by the participant and their family members to conserve the environment.
“Our children will inherit the earth one day. We want to educate them when they are still young so that they too will learn of the importance of caring for the environment,” said Honda Malaysia Managing Director/CEO Atsushi Fujimoto said. “This contest is just one of the efforts that Honda Malaysia is putting in to encourage our children to learn more and be more aware of our environment. We seek to instill in them the sense of ownership knowing that they also play a role in caring for the environment.”
“Our company has been conducting talks in primary schools to share with the children that environment conservation is very important in order to prevent the extinction of endangered animals such as the Sumatran rhinos. Caring for the environment is a long-term commitment and every effort matters. We believe through this kind of contest, our children will have a better understanding of the importance of environment conservation and its effect on animal extinction,” he added.
Mr Fujimoto said that Honda Malaysia, being the first corporate to initiate rescue efforts for the Sumatran rhinos, is trying to give back to the society and environment as Honda strive to become a company that society wants to exist. It began sponsoring the “Save the Sumatran Rhino” programme which began in January 2006 when the company pledged RM5 million to WWF-Malaysia for rhino conservation efforts in Malaysia.
For the contest, a total of RM40,000.00 worth of prizes is offered and to encourage more participation and hence, wider awareness and understanding on the environment, the school with the most submissions also stands to be rewarded. Prizes range from travel packages to the Sepilok nature reserve (for 2 adults and 1 student) as well as books for the winner’s school, to Swatch Watches (five consolation prizes. The Special Prize for the school with the most submissions is 3 sets of Desktop PCs while the Most Creative Prize Winner for Photography will get a digital camera. There are also consolation prizes for the photography.
The essay and photo submissions must reach the address below by 30 April 2008.
The “ENVIRONMENT AND I” Essay & Photo Contest
P.O. BOX 8850
PEJABAT POS KELANA JAYA
46799 PETALING JAYA
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN