PRIZE: Up for grabs in the Malaysian category is the grand prize of a fiveday/ four-night return trip for two to San Francisco and a basket of Sunkist citrus. A digital camera and a basket of Sunkist citrus will be given to five runners-up.
GRAND PRIZE: International travel to any destination in Asia! One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip to any destination in Asia, to be taken before December 31, 2008. Prize package, ARV up to $10,000 and will include coach travel accommodations plus spending money and a supply of Sunkist citrus.
FINALIST PRIZE: Five (5) runners up will each receive a Digital Camera and one month’s supply of Sunkist Citrus! Five (5) runners-up will each receive a digital camera and a one month supply of Sunkist citrus (ARV $250 per prize).
DEADLINE: May 15, 2008
JOIN the biggest citrus-themed photo competition of its kind to commemorate 100 years of Sunkist.
Citrus lovers from the United States, Canada, China, Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan are invited to submit original photos of themselves with a creative “Sunkist Smile” (that is, with an orange wedge in the mouth).
The grand prize packages feature international travel plus bragging rights being winning “smiles” flashed at Times Square in New York.
Sunkist will also make donations to the Special Olympics for every eligible entry.
Open from now until May 15, those keen can submit a photograph and brief caption of 25 to 40 words to www. sunkist. com/ smiles.
Judging criteria are based on creativity (40 per cent), fun factor (30 per cent) and quality of image (30 per cent).
Up for grabs in the Malaysian category is the grand prize of a fiveday/ four-night return trip for two to San Francisco and a basket of Sunkist citrus.
A digital camera and a basket of Sunkist citrus will be given to five runners-up.
As part of the campaign, Sunkist will be running weekend mobile roadshows at shopping malls, hypermarkets, universities and colleges in the Klang Valley in March and April, with photo taking opportunities and online submission, and the chance to win exciting Sunkist premiums.
“We ’re proud to have developed one of the largest food brand names in the world, ” said Tim Lindgren, CEO of Sunkist Growers.
“People have been showing us their Sunkist Smiles for years because it’s a fun way to enjoy the fr uit.
“By turning this into an international event, we look forward to celebrating people around the world connecting with Sunkist.” Each year, millions of crates of citrus spanning 12 varieties are harvested in California and Arizona, and then shipped throughout the United States and abroad.
Crops are managed closely as growers, often third and fourth-generation small farmers, take great care year-round to nurture the land, pick fruit at its prime and then pack the fruits.
The Sunkist brand was first used in 1907 to promote and unify an emerging fruit co-operative formed by independent growers (known in the past as the Southern California Fruit Exchange and later became the California Fruit Growers Exchange).
In 1908, the Sunkist name captured the organisation ’s interest and was adopted as a trademark on boxes of premium quality fruit.
For more information visit http://www.sunkist.com.
Join Sunkist Growers’ global celebration commemorating “100 Years of Sunkist.”
Sunkist International Smiles Day, February 20, 2008, is the kick off of our 100 Years of Sunkist Photo Contest and continues to May 15, 2008.
You are invited to submit original photos of yourself or a friend with a creative “Sunkist Smile” orange wedge in the mouth.
You have a chance to win one of these great prizes:
GRAND PRIZE: International travel to any destination in Asia!
FINALIST PRIZE: Five (5) runners up will each receive a Digital Camera and one month’s supply of Sunkist Citrus!
In addition, the winning “smile” photo will be prominently shown on the world-famous Reuters Sign in Times Square in the heart of New York City.
Adding to the excitement of commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Sunkist brand, Sunkist will celebrate and honor consumer participation by making a donation of $50,000 to Special Olympics, another brand known for creating joy and helping families stay active and healthy.
In celebration of 100 Years of the Sunkist brand, you are invited to submit a photograph of yourself online with a Sunkist Smile – an orange wedge in your mouth and a 25-40 word caption (140-230 characters) that communicates a reason why/how you enjoy Sunkist citrus.
If your photo and caption is published on this website in the Smiles Gallery, you’ll have a chance to win one of these great prizes:
One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip to any destination in Asia, to be taken before December 31, 2008. Prize package, ARV up to $10,000 and will include coach travel accommodations plus spending money and a supply of Sunkist citrus.
Five (5) runners-up will each receive a digital camera and a one month supply of Sunkist citrus (ARV $250 per prize).
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Captions must be between 25-40 words (140-230 characters with spaces)
2. Each entry must be original, unpublished, the sole property of submitter (or if the photo was taken by someone other than entrant, entrant has acquired all rights necessary to use and submit the photo in connection herewith), and not previously submitted in any other contest and may not infringe upon any third party rights and any third parties appearing in the photo (other than entrant) have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein. No copyrighted material may be incorporated in the photo without permission from the copyright owner. Any violation of the copyright laws will result in the removal and forfeit of entry.
3. Photos must be 200-300dpi and in .jpg format.
4. Each entry must include: entrant’s full name, street address, city, state, zip code and telephone number. Entries must include email address.
5. At the judges’ discretion, entries including unsuitable content or that are in violation of third party rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights) will be immediately disqualified.
1. Judges will select the winners from all eligible entries received.
2. Entries will be judged on three factors:
1. Creativity (40%) – For example, participant(s) in image wearing traditional attire and/or standing in front of a local landmark; participants from multiple generations, etc.
2. Fun Factor (30%) – For example, photo image and caption make you smile.
3. Quality of Image (30%) – Image is sharp and in focus.
3. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about 6/13/08.