PRIZE: cash in the form of cheque
DEADLINE: January 31, 2008
SMS by keying in FUN to 33888, or you can call 13779.
Fun Fun Fun Interactive Quiz Show SMS Contest and Eligibility
* The Fun Fun Fun Interactive Game Show SMS Contest(“Contest”) begins from 1st March 2007 until 31st January 2008. (“Contest Period”).
* The Contest is based on the show Fun Fun Fun (“the Show”) which is scheduled to be broadcasted over the Astro Wah Lai Toi Channel every Monday to Friday from 1630hrs to 1730hrs during the Contest Period (hereinafter referred to as the “Scheduled Broadcasting Time”).
* The Contest times during the Contest Period shall be during the Scheduled Broadcasting Time or such other time that Astro shall decide from time to time.
* The Contest is open to Malaysian and Brunei citizens only and who are also subscribers of prepaid and post-paid services of Maxis, DiGi and Celcom providing Short Messaging System (“SMS”) services and/or Telekom Malaysia fixed line users (collectively referred to as “Participants”). However, calls made using call cards (for example Ring Ring Card) via Telekom Malaysia fixed lines will not be accepted.
* To enter the Contest, the Participant must tune in during the Scheduled Broadcasting Time of the Show and the Participant will then have to register for the Contest by:
* SMS: Keying in FUN and send it to 33888.
* Fixed line: Calling 13779. Available only to Telekom Malaysia fixed line users.
* Astro reserves the right to determine which registered Participant i.e. the first 50th Participant selected from either the SMS entry or the Fixed Line entry, will be called back by the host of the Show or any authorised representative of Astro on the mobile number / fixed line number used to register. Astro will attempt up to three (3) telephone calls to contact the Participant.
* Where the Participant is not contactable, Astro will have the sole and absolute discretion to select the next eligible Participant.
* Where the Participant is successfully contacted by Astro or any authorised representative of Astro (“Contestant”), the Contestant will be asked to answer a question as shown during the Show correctly.
* If the Contestant answers the question wrongly, then the host of the Show or any authorised representative of Astro will call the next eligible Participant on the mobile number / fixed line number used to register.
* Once a Contestant answers a question wrongly, to participate again, the Contestant needs to reregister.
* For the programme Fun Fun Fun, if the Contestant answers a question correctly, then the Contestant will be eligible to participate in a bonus round, if any, to win extra cash prizes or any other prizes as announced by the host.
* Employees of ASTRO ALL ASIA NETWORKS plc, MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn. Bhd. (“Astro”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, sponsors, agencies, dealers, retailers and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
* The Participants shall be permitted to participate in the Contest via the use of their mobile phones and Telekom Malaysia fixed lines only.
* Participants under the age of eighteen (18) must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Contest. Astro considers it the responsibility of parents and/or guardian to monitor their children’s participation in this Contest.
* Where applicable, Participants must obtain consent from the bill payers before participating in the Contest. Payment shall be made irrespective of whether such charges were authorised by the bill payer. For the purposes herein the term “bill payer” shall mean the individual, company or entity specified in the registration or subscription form whose application for the relevant service has been approved and accepted by the service provider.
* The Participant must ensure that their Contest entries are complete and accurate. Incomplete, illegible or late entries shall be disqualified.
* Astro reserves the right to reject any registration and/or entry at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
* All Contest entries must be submitted in English. Contest entries in any other languages will be rejected by Astro.
* The Participant can send in as many Contest entries as they wish.
* During the Contest Period, Participants will be prompted to participate in the Contest on-air promos, Astro website, Astro Wah Lai Toi, or any other communication medium to be determined from time to time as and when needed.
* Each SMS or Call in made by the Participant will be subject to a premium charge of RM3.00 for each SMS or each dial in. This charge is in addition to the standard SMS fee charged by the Participant’s mobile phone operator or Telekom Malaysia (whichever applicable). Participants from Brunei will be subject to additional international roaming charges.
Selection of Winners
* Contest winners will be chosen based on the correct answer given during the Show.
* The Judge’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained.
Notification of Contest Winners
* Contest winners will be notified by telephone call to his/ her mobile phone for which the contact number shall be the number used by the Contestant for submission of the answers. Astro reserves the right to use any other method or medium Astro deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of announcing the Contest winners.
* The list of winners will be listed on the Astro website http://www.astro.com.my.
* Upon request, Contest winners will be required to give their contact details, I.C. No., Astro account number, Passport Number and any other details deemed necessary and relevant by Astro at its discretion within forty eight (48) hours upon receiving the request/notification from Astro.
* Proof of mailing, faxing, or delivering (in any manner whatsoever) any details to Astro does not denote proof that Astro has received such details
* Astro reserves the right to forfeit prizes for any Contest winner who does not provide the required details upon receiving the request/notification from Astro.
* Astro reserves the right to appoint a third party to conduct the verification of Contest winners and to fulfil the delivery of prizes and Contestants agree that Astro may provide all necessary information of Contest winners to such third party to facilitate such service.
* For Fun Fun Fun, all segments in the Fun Fun Fun including Bonus Round will offer cash prizes or any other prizes which will be announced by the host or any authorised representative of Astro.
* Astro reserves the right to change the prizes without any prior notification.
* The Contest winner shall be responsible for all costs in connections with perfecting his/her prize, including but not limited to legal cost, stamp duties, registration and transfer fees, taxes, insurance, spending money and related expenses (such as meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.) or fees.
* Cash Prizes shall be issued to the winners in the form of a cheque. Winners will be responsible for all related banking charges (including outstation cheque charges) imposed by banks in clearing his/her cheque.
* Prizes not claimed within one month upon request/notification from Astro shall be forfeited. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable in any other form for whatever reason. Contest winners are solely responsible for the collection of their prize and Astro and its agents, sponsors and representatives shall have no liability to the Contest winners in any respect whatsoever.
* Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
* Astro reserves the right to request written proof of residency and of the age of any Contest winner before the prize is dispatched or collected.
* Astro makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to the prize and shall not be responsible nor liable for any problems and/or damage thereto or arising therefrom.
* Prizes must be claimed in person unless Astro advises otherwise. Identification which includes a photograph will be required (examples include identification card/drivers licence/passport which displays a photograph of the Contest winner). Where Astro elects to post a prize to a Contest winner no responsibility will be accepted by Astro for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize.
* In special situations, and subject to the absolute discretion of Astro, a Contest winner may nominate a designated representative to collect a prize. The representative will be required to present written authorisation from the Contest winner and identification which includes a photograph for both the Contest winner and their representative.
* In the event that a Contest winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of Astro.
* The Contest winner(s) of any prize(s) may at the absolute discretion of Astro be required to execute a deed of release and indemnity in a form prescribed by Astro in order to receive the prize.
* All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the Contest winner, and Astro excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law. Contest winners shall comply with the terms and conditions of each prize.
Proof of Receipt
* Proof of SMS or Fixed line entry sent by a Participant does not denote proof that the SMS / Fixed line call was received by Astro / Telekom Malaysia.
Prize Giving Ceremony
* In the event Astro has a prize giving ceremony, the Contest winner(s) are required to attend at his/her own cost and expense to collect the prize. In the event the Contest winner is not able to attend the prize giving ceremony, the Contest winner must nominate a representative to be present at the prize giving ceremony to accept the prize on his/her behalf.
* Astro reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use the nicknames, names, photographs, voice or video recordings and entries of the Participant and/or Contest winner(s) and/or representatives without first obtaining any consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the Participant and/or Contest winner(s) and/or representatives for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
Use of Mobile Numbers
* Astro and/or its affiliates reserve the right to send SMS messages to the Participants mobile phone numbers containing information and promotional activities regarding Astro.
* If a Participant does not wish to receive such SMS messages the Participant is required to call and inform Astro accordingly by calling Astro’s call centre at 1300-82-3838.
Adherence to Contest Terms & Conditions
Variation to the Terms & Conditions
* Astro reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Contest Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the Participants shall be bound to such changes.
* Astro will not be responsible or liable for:
* any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a SMS or calling in from Telekom Malaysia Fixed lines as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the participating mobile phone operators and/or by Astro and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Contest. In the event of such error, interruption and/or failure, Astro shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Participant to participate in the Contest at any time.
* any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any Participant, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the Contest.
* any error (including error in notification of Contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
* Astro further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.