1x Grand Prize winner:
1 pc SanDisk Extreme Ducati 4GB CF (or Extreme III 4GB SDHC Plus*), 1 pc SanDisk Extreme Ducati 4GB Thumbdrive and 1 unit of SanDisk Extreme III USB 2.0 cardreader
9x Top 9 Prizes:
1 pc SanDisk Extreme III 4GB CF (or Extreme III 4GB SDHC*) each
10x Consolation Prizes:
1 pc of SanDisk 12-in-1 Image Mate cardreader
*depending on what type of memory card the winner’s DSLR is using
Monthly prizes for the 20 finalists (10 per month):
1 pc of SanDisk Cruzer 1GB Thumbdrive
DEADLINE: 11:59pm, Feb 29, 2008
The first DCM Online Photo Contest 2008 will start from 12:00am Jan 1, 2008 and ends on 11:59pm, Feb 29, 2008.
This online contest is brought to you by Digital Camera Magazine Malaysia and presented by SanDisk/Vector Digital.
Posting of images will be restricted to a newly-created section entitled “SanDisk/DCM Online Photo Contest 2008”.
Eligible images must have one of the following three themes to qualify:
Action, Motion Blur and Selective Focus (main subject in focus and blurred background).
Sequence shots for each theme are allowed. Members can submit as many images as possible throughout the online contest’s 2-month duration but only 1 image per posting is allowed. Subsequent images will have to be posted at the next posting.
Members are welcome to post their respective images under their self-created topics in this section. For example, “Adriachia’s images”, “halee1953’s images”, “clementgan’s images”, “PaulCKK’s images” or “Ming’s images”.
The usual C&C on the images are welcomed to be given by other members but please refrain from posting non-competition images in those self-created topics.
10 images will be shortlisted each month as the finalists for the Grand Final for a total of 20 images after the 2 month period.
Each finalist will receive a special prize by SanDisk/Vector Digital upon qualifying.
Prizes for the Grand Winner, Top 9 winners and 10 consolations for the final judging round will be revealed soon.
RULES and REGULATIONS:
1. Images that have been submitted previously for consideration at DCM’s Mission and Hotshots are not eligible to enter.
2. Images must be of 800×600, 800×533 or 800×532 pixels dimension for horizontal (landscape) format. Vertical (Portrait) format type can have a width of 800 pixels and up to 1200 pixels in height.
3. Slight enhancements of the submitted images are allowed and restricted to adjustments of Curve, Levels, Sharpness, Colour Balance and Contrast. No other digital alterations other than these are allowed on the submitted images. The images that have been selected to enter the Grand Final, will need to show the original, unaltered sample in JPEG when requested. Cropping of images is allowed.
4. Copyright of all images belong to the respective photographers. By participating in this contest, members will allow DCM/Velocity Media and SanDisk/Vector Digital the rights to reproduce the winning images for publication and promotion purposes until June 30, 2009.
5. All members must post their real names at their respective first postings of their images. Forum usernames are basically your identities here but to qualify for the online photo contest and awarding of prizes, we need to know who you are.
6. This online photo contest is open to all Malaysian DCM readers and members of Velocity Forum. Staff and immediate family members of Velocity Media Sdn Bhd and Vector Digital Sdn Bd are not eligible to enter this online photo contest.
7. Any images posted after 11:59pm on Feb 29, 2008 are not valid for consideration as submissions for this online contest.
8. Submitted JPEG images can be shot by a digital P&S compact, digital prosumer, 35mm-based digital SLRs and medium format digital SLRs.
9. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash nor transferable. Any prizes not claimed 2 months from the date of results announcement will be forfeited and no further claims thereafter will be enterrtained.
10. Decisions of the judges are final and no further correspondence will be entertained.