PRIZE: Nokia N Series
DEADLINE: 17 Aug 2007
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the “Participate and Vote for I am Nokia NSeries CONTEST” (hereafter referred to as the “Contest”) which will be held from dates 27 July 2007 to dates 17 August 2007 inclusive (hereafter referred to as the “Contest Period “).
2. By participating in this Contest and/or by submitting an entry or vote, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. The organizers of the Contest are Nokia Pte Ltd of 438B Alexandra Technopark, #07-00 Singapore 119968 (hereafter referred to as “Nokia”). Contact Person: Clara Lee. The Contest is Co-sponsored by Friendster, Inc.
3. Information on prizes and instruction on how to participate shall form part of these conditions of entry.
4. Only participants of legal age (in accordance with the legislation of the relevant participant’s country/territory) who are residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, India, Thailand and Vietnam will be eligible to participate in this Contest. All employees of Nokia, Mediacom and iHub Media Pte Ltd and their immediate families, and its agencies associated with this Contest are ineligible to enter.
B. RULES FOR SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
5. If you wish to submit an entry to be a participant in the Contest, you are required to:
1. Fully complete the online contest registration form and
2. Submit by uploading at least one photo of yourself with a caption that best describes yourself as a Nokia Nseries ambassador. The winning submission needs to embody the spirit of Nokia Nseries by exhibiting the following attributes:
* Curious in nature
* Need to discover
* Need to share
6. All submission(s) to the contest [“Entry/Entries”] must be:
* The original independent creation of the participant;
* A true and verified photograph of the participant submitting the entry; and
* Free of any claims or encumbrances, including without limitation any copyright or trademark claims, by any other third parties.
7. All submission(s) to the contest [“Entry/Entries”] must not:
a. Have been published previously;
b. Have been submitted as an entry in any other competition;
c. Have won any prizes or awards in other event or competition;
d. Be subject to any restrictions as to use, publication, duplication, copying or in any way; or infringe any third party rights; and
e. Be defamatory or violate any applicable laws or regulations,
6. Each participant warrants that his/her Entry complies with these requirements.
7. Only Entries that are non-offensive, profanity-free and not of a crude or sexual nature will be accepted for this Contest. Nokia may in its absolute discretion disqualify any Entries that do not comply with the aforesaid criteria.
8. Each participant may only submit 1 Entry for this Contest. Duplicate Entries will be void and not considered for the Contest.
9. Eligible entries must be received no later than 2359 hr on 24 August 2007 No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, ineligible or misdirected Entries. All times stated shall be according to Singapore time.
10. All Entries shall become and remain the property of Nokia.
C. RULES FOR CASTING A VOTE IN THE CONTEST
11. If you wish to participate in the Contest by voting for the winner you are required to:
a. Fully complete the contest registration form and
b. Submit at least one vote for any one of “I am Nokia NSeries” contestants by making the appropriate selections on the website
12. Each participant may submit up to 5 votes for this Contest, only 1 vote is allowed per photo per participant. Duplicate votes will be void and not considered for the Contest. Each vote can only be made once, changes to votes will not be allowed. Participants who have submitted an entry into the Contest will not be allowed to vote for themselves.
13. Eligible votes must be received no later than 2359 hr on 24 August 2007 No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, ineligible or misdirected Entries. All times stated shall be according to Singapore time.
D. WINNERS PRIZES, SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
14. Nokia shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) in the delivery of the Prize(s) to the Winner
15. The winners of the Contest will be decided based on their contest entries. Winners need to be able to illustrate how they embody the spirit of Nokia Nseries in the following areas: i) Curious in nature ii) Need to discover iii) Need to share. Winners shall be selected by Nokia at its sole discretion and such decision shall be absolute and final. No correspondence, queries or appeals shall be entertained.
16. The winners of the voting portion of the Contest will be selected based on their votes made during the qualifying period, If you have voted for any of the correct winners of “I am Nokia Nseries Contest”, you will be drawn into the winners pool. 1 Winner then will be randomly drawn from the winners pool and shall be selected by Nokia at its sole discretion and such decision shall be absolute and final. No correspondence, queries or appeals shall be entertained.
17 The winner of the “Be the favourite” portion will be selected based on the number of votes they have procured within the qualifying period. In the event of a tie, the winner with the earliest time stamp will be awarded the prize. The time stamp will be based on GMT+8. Winner shall be selected by Nokia at its sole discretion and such decision shall be absolute and final. No correspondence, queries or appeals shall be entertained.
A total of 5 winners will be selected. 3 of which will be the actual winners who have the best submitted entries. 1 winner will be drawn from the winners pool of the voting portion of the Contest. 1 winner will be the participant with the most votes. Each winner will receive a Nokia Nseries multimedia computer each [estimated RPP US$300 to RPPUS$500]. The 3 Winners with best entry will also have the opportunity to be selected by Nokia to feature in its upcoming web banner subject to mutual agreement. The selection will be conducted on the following date and time (timed according to GMT +8)
31 August 2007, 12:00pm
Winners will be notified via email and results posted in the Friendster site (http://www.friendster.com/iamnseries) on the following dates (timed according to GMT +8)
07 September 2007, 12:00pm
18. Nokia reserves the right to substitute a suitable prize of similar value in the event any prize originally specified is not available for whatever reason. Nokia accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or for value. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
19. All prizes shall be delivered to the winners at the address in the country of residence of the participant’s provided by the Participant in the contest registration form. Such delivery may be by courier service. Nokia shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) in the delivery of the prizes to the winners.
E. GENERAL CONDITIONS
By submitting your information in the contest registration form, you hereby agree and consent to:-
i. Nokia publishing the Entries in any media including any material submitted by Winner during the Contest as part of the campaign in announcing the winners, using the data/information for the purposes of contacting the winner about prize delivery details.
ii. Nokia retaining and using all the data/information submitted by you in your Entry, submission or application form for its sales, marketing and promotional efforts, and to the furnishing of such data/information to Nokia-related entities and their agents for such purposes. You are required to provide all requested information accurately.
iii. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate in this contest. Nokia may also use your information to contact you in the future for marketing and promotional purposes.
iv. Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant authorities and winner’s names published as required under the relevant legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Nokia at the address set out above.
21. Nokia shall not be liable for any and all other costs, charges, expenses, taxes etc incurred in relation to the above all of which are to be borne by you personally including, without limitation, the registrations fees, airtime, ISP connection costs, etc.
22. Nokia shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. Nokia reserves the right to amend, withdraw or revise these Terms & Conditions and the prize at any time without notice and in such event Nokia shall not have any liability whatsoever. Persons who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions may be disqualified at Nokia’s absolute discretion.
24. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Nokia which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Nokia reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
25. Nokia is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any loss or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest.
26. These Terms & Conditions will be governed and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the international Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in these Terms and Conditions. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The International Arbitration Act shall apply to the arbitration. The award shall be final and binding on both parties.