DEADLINE: 31 July 2007
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. This competition is organized by the Malaysian Mensa Society, as part of the International Project Convergence.
2. The theme for 2007 is: Our country – our children.
3. There is no entry fee for the competition. The entrant must be a current member of Malaysian Mensa Society for the duration of the competition.
4. Photo prints should ideally be 13 cm x 18 cm and not exceeding 20 cm, or digital images 300 dpi, up to 2 MB. Entries for the competition must be sent and postmarked by July 31, 2007.
5. Name, membership number, email, contact number and photography title should be put on a sticker on the back of the photograph, or included in the text of an email if the photo is digital.
6. The photos should be mailed to the following address:
Malaysian Mensa Society
P.O. Box 11161
50738 Kuala Lumpur
ATTN: Photo Competition 2007
7. Each entrant may submit up to three images in total.
8. Digital images should not have been significantly altered by digital editing.
9. All entries must be the sole work of the entrant.
10. The three best entries in the competition will be selected by a judging panel. Entries will be judged on the effectiveness of how they convey the theme, as well as composition, technical and other considerations. The decision of the judging panel is final.
11. The three best entries in the competition will be sent to the third Mensa World Photo Cup, under the supervision of Mensa International Limited. The closing date for the Mensa World Photo Cup is August 31, 2007. An International Judging Panel of experts will select a winner from the national and Direct International Mensa finalists.
12. Winning photographs will become part of the ‘Mensa IPC Collection’ and will be exhibited at the Annual Gatherings and otherwise publicized.
13. The entrant will retain copyright of the photography, but will grant Mensa nonexclusive rights for publication in Mensa journals, on Mensa websites, on Photo SIG posters, for display in exhibitions, or other appropriate places as part of the Mensa IPC Collection without any financial reward to the contestant.
14. By submitting entries for the Contest, the entrant accepts all the conditions listed above.