PRIZE: Thai Airway Tickets to London
1. These rules are the Standard Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and apply to competitions included on the www.espnstar.com website (“Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the www.espnstar.com web page posting for such Competition (the “Competition Notice”) and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Terms and Conditions.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of ESPN STAR Sports shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India and Thailand, and must be 18 years of age or above.
6. Employees of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, ESPN, ESPN STAR Sports, STAR TV, the Walt Disney Company or any advertising agency or web company connected with ESPN STAR Sports or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
8. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, ESPN STAR Sports in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
10. Competition entries must be completed in full and made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
11. Proof of dispatch cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. ESPN STAR Sports cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
12. Tie-breakers will be judged by ESPN STAR Sports. In all matters, the decision of the judge shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
13. Prize winners will be notified by phone within 3 days of the prize draw. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein or within 15 days of broadcast on the ESPN channels shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
14. Enquiries regarding prizes must be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days of broadcast on the ESPN STAR Sports channels. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All entitled winner shall receive their prize(s) within 90 days of making their claims. Should winner not receive their prize within this time then they should contact ESPN STAR Sports directly.
15. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
16. ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to request written proof or residency and of age of any winner before the prize is dispatched.
17. In the event that any prize or receipt thereof incurs any tax liability, such tax is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
18. Actual prizes by ESPN STAR Sports, and any of its sponsors, may differ from the models shown anywhere in or during the contest. Participants shall not make any claims or demands in this regard.
19. The Prize winner should check with any relevant authorities regarding passport and visa requirements; it is the sole responsibility of winners to produce all requisite travel documentation. Travel and other insurance are not included and winners are strongly advised to take out insurance cover for all appropriate risks. Any costs incurred additional to the prize package elements specified are at the sole expense of winners and/or their companions.
20. On notification, the Prize winner will receive a Liability Release Form (prepared by ESPN STAR Sports releasing, wherever permitted by law, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, ESPN STAR Sports, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from responsibility or liability for claims in respect of such holiday) for the winner and companion(s) (if applicable) all of which must be properly completed and returned in accordance with the instructions in the notification letter to arrive by no later than 14 days after the date ESPN STAR Sports posts the notification. Failure to comply in any respect with this requirement will result in the holiday being withheld and the winner’s entry for that Draw becoming void, whereupon ESPN STAR Sports may (but shall not be required to) reallocate the prize to the next valid entry drawn from that Draw.
21. In the event that the Prize winner is below 21 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. In addition, such parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and return a Liability Release Form as indicated above.
22. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc. as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
23. The winner and all accompanying travelers must travel together at all times. For avoidance of doubt, they shall all travel on the same arrival and departure flights.
24. ESPN STAR Sports cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. ESPN STAR Sports is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
25. By entering, participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, ESPN STAR Sports, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance or user of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
Data Protection and Publicity
26. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and ESPN STAR Sports reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
27. Unless otherwise indicated, ESPN STAR Sports shall deem the information voluntarily supplied non-confidential, which hereby discharges all obligations of confidentiality. ESPN STAR Sports is free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to third parties without limitation.
28. This Competition and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
29. Each entrant is fully responsible for ensuring that his/her participation in the Competition is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which he or she is a citizen and/or resides, and/or happens to be at the time that the application is made. Neither the Promoter nor its servants or agents shall be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any entrant’s participation.