Grand Prize: RM20,000 for the winning entry
10 Consolation Prizes: RM1,000 each for 10 Final Entries
DEADLINE: 8 June 2007, Friday
Bank Negara Malaysia is pleased to launch a nationwide Microfinance Logo Design Competition from 7 May 2007, Monday to 8 June 2007, Friday. All Malaysian individuals aged 18 and above are invited to participate in the Microfinance Logo Design Competition.
The creation of a national logo will provide a prominent identity to help create greater awareness and understanding on microfinance. Through microfinance, micro enterprises will have fast, flexible and convenient access to finance from the financial system to enable their participation in business activities.
The winning logo design entry will be used as the national Microfinance Logo for display at:
* Head Offices and Branches of financial institutions that provide microfinance as well as other microfinance providers; and
* Business premises (e.g. shop-offices, store-fronts, etc.) of recipients or borrowers of microfinance.
Logo Design Guide
1. Each logo design shall contain the words “Pembiayaan Mikro”.
2. The logo design should embody the vision, objectives and principles of sustainable microfinance; hence, it should be vibrant, optimistic and reflect the close relationship between microfinance providers and recipients of microfinance.
3. Submission of logo designs can be in the form of computer-designs or illustrations, such as in colour pencil, acrylic, oil, watercolour, ink.
4. Entries must be submitted only in printed form/hardcopy with a print-out measurement not exceeding A4 paper size. The print-out designs must be mounted on a mounting board.
5. Participants are required to provide a clear, type-written creative rationale for their logo design.